Gate of Kings

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gate of Kings

The Gate holds Untold Secrets for the Proven King...

+2
Gilgamesh
Bloo
6 posters

It's Hard to say Goodbye...

Bloo
    Bloo
    Queen

Character sheet
    Health:
    It's Hard to say Goodbye... Left_bar_bleue268/268It's Hard to say Goodbye... Empty_bar_bleue  (268/268)
    Level: 1

It's Hard to say Goodbye... Empty It's Hard to say Goodbye...

Post by Bloo Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:02 am

Verina was seated at an extravagant and expensive bench, with lush padding. In front of her was a piano, that was so polished and fine it looked golden and glowing, in the otherwise lackluster room. There was a large window right to the side of the piano, and it was pointed right over the Fringe Lands, and letting a crisp breeze in. The only light in the room came from a candle resting on the grand piano, and the small candle hardly lit the room up at all. Instead it cast shadows across the worn rug, that looked as though it had been worth quite a bit in it's prime. On the other side of the piano was a worn, dust ridden bookcase that sat in the same place, untouched, for many years. It wasn't that Verina didn't read. Those weren't her books.

"...hm."

Verina mumbled to nobody, looking over the dark town that was visible through the window. Her manor was right over the Fringe Lands, so close if she looked out of the window she could see the many people hustling about. Instinctively and beautifully, Verina's hands danced across the keys of the grand piano with grace not many others could manage. She played an old familiar tune as she stared out of the window. Her piano seemed to attract the attention of the people below. Some acknowledged and listened, others kept moving forever forward. She wondered who down there could truly appreciate the beauty of such a fine instrument. Next, her attention turned back to the room, away from the bookcase as her hands kept dancing. She saw an old desk, with papers and pens still scattered across it. There was an old picture, that of her father and Verina. He was standing over her with his hand on his shoulder as she struggled learning the piano she had now seemingly mastered. It was hard for her to look at for long, so she turned back to the window, looking towards the future and endless skies instead.
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:
    It's Hard to say Goodbye... Left_bar_bleue600/600It's Hard to say Goodbye... Empty_bar_bleue  (600/600)
    Level: N/A

It's Hard to say Goodbye... Empty Re: It's Hard to say Goodbye...

Post by Gilgamesh Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:28 am

Hungry, exhausted and wounded, Gilgamesh soared through the skies. Night had fallen. His eyes were once again of use to him. He had not hunted since leaving the Black Forest, however. He was not afforded the time. That hunger was now taking its toll. It did not help that, despite how many of the people chasing him he defeated, more seemed to come. They were endless. His plan seemed to have backfired. Heading into denser surroundings provided them with the advantage of numbers. This would be a costly miscalculation. He still held advantages. They were no match for him in combat. He still held superior mobility as they were unable to fly.

Have to get away. I need to get somewhere safe and rest in order to hunt.

That's when he was struck, not by a physical blow, but by soft... soothing sounds. They were a sharp contrast to the sounds he'd heard constantly since defending his wings. It reminded him of happier times. It seemed to be coming from a cave.

Mother?

He knew it! His mother was powerful! She was far stronger than he was! There was no way she'd perish in the Black Forest! That was her plan. She wanted him to become stronger. When he was strong enough, she left to find a new cave for them. She was now singing for him. Singing the way she did when he first began to learn his way around the forest. It was the same when she began to fly.

"If you're ever lost," she said, "all you need to do is follow my voice."

Her singing sounded different somehow, strange. He'd never heard her make those sounds before. Maybe this was so the ones that were chasing him wouldn't find her. Mother was smart. She'd know what to do in this situation! Then... the singing stopped. Was it his fault? Did he lead them to their new cave? Were they... were they trying to "arrest" Mother? He couldn't let that happen!

I'll rip them to shreds!

Gilgamesh increased his speed and folded his wings, diving through the small cave opening. This cave was much smaller than their former cave. There was almost no room to maneuver. There was even less room to break his bullet dive. He flipped around and crashed to the cave wall. Some thing fell off them. He kicked off the wall and landed on the ground. This cave felt strange to his bare feet. There was no time for that. He extended his wings and positioned the bulk of the rags he wore behind him. He was ready for anything.

Mother! Are you all...

The sentence was lost. The words wouldn't come out. This was not Mother. He did not know who this was...

Is my Mother here? I heard her sing.
    Bloo
    Bloo
    Queen

Character sheet
    Health:
    It's Hard to say Goodbye... Left_bar_bleue268/268It's Hard to say Goodbye... Empty_bar_bleue  (268/268)

Post by Bloo Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:52 am

Verina was shaken from her thoughts when she could make out something spiraling toward her window. She rose to her feet, staring impassively as the incoming object got closer. She could start to make out it's shape... Seeing the silhouette of what looked almost like a giant bat in front of the full moon. The sight was majestic and terrifying at the same time, but Verina's face hid any sort of emotion like that away. That's when the enormous bat crashed into her window! It flipped around the room, crashing into the walls. Verina panicked as a picture of her parents, that had been hanging near her fathers desk, started to fall from the wall. She moved swiftly and faster than most would deem humanly possible to catch the invaluable painting. She saved it luckily, her heart racing a little at the thought of the room being permanently damaged.

'Mother! Are you all...'

Verina's focus returned instantly to the "bat" as it spoke. She inspected it's form up and down and learned quickly that it wasn't a bat at all. It was a man, nearly full grown, with wings that resembled a raven more than they did a bat. Verina had never seen a human like this, but had heard tales of mysterious creatures before. Most originated from the Black Forest.

"I'm not your mother, and I'm afraid the only one 'singing' in here was me. Besides, aren't you a little old to be searching for your mother?"

Verina had kept her calm about her, despite the exotic situation. She grabbed the candle off the piano, then glanced back to the strange man. She played one more quick tune on the piano with her free hand, only enough to prove that she was indeed the only one there to make the noise.

"My father told me it was rude to have guests over without offering them anything. Are you hungry? Thirsty? I can have a meal prepared if you need it. My only requirement is that you stop breaking things. This room... has many valuable items in it. I'd prefer we go to the living room instead."

Verina opened the door to the dark hallway that seemed to go on forever, and motioned to the man to step out of her father's room. She never let guests linger in that room.
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:
    It's Hard to say Goodbye... Left_bar_bleue600/600It's Hard to say Goodbye... Empty_bar_bleue  (600/600)

Post by Gilgamesh Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:09 am

Mother... was not here. That was not her singing. Mother was truly... No. He would not admit it. He would not admit such a thing until he searched everywhere. Gilgamesh shook off the momentary feeling of despair. This person... said many things he didn't understand. There were a few things he did understand though. Hungry. Thirsty. He was both.

I do not understand. If Mother is lost, I must find her. Until I find Mother, I will keep my promise.

He began to follow her from the cave when he remembered something. Mother always said if someone gave you something you wanted, you were supposed to say something. The person looked more like Mother than himself. He recalled the word Mother told him to use. Becoming stiff, Gilgamesh bowed quickly before standing up.

I am hungry. Thank you ma'am.

She was different from the others he'd seen. She didn't point. She didn't stare. She didn't want to "arrest" him. She even offered food. All he did was intrude on her cave.

I am sorry for breaking your cave.

He stepped through the opening into the narrow tunnel. It made sense now. There's no way anyone could live in such a small cave. The tunnel must have lead to a larger, safer cavern. This person was smart. If he had found a cave like this earlier, he would not have been in such a bad shape. There was one thing his Mother said to do when he meets someone kind. When he asks what "kind" was, she explained it as helping him. This person was hiding him in her cave and feeding him. She was indeed kind. He wrapped his feathery, black wings around himself and nervously extended his left hand.

I am Gilgamesh...
    Bloo
    Bloo
    Queen

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Bloo Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:30 pm

Verina put her left hand in his, but didn't grip it like one normally would in a hand shake. She gave a pleasant smile and a slight wave with her other hand.

"Pleased to meet you. I am Verina."

Verina was always taught to introduce herself with her first and last name, but she figured that since the other man didn't, she didn't have to either. She withdrew her small hand and turned away from Gilgamesh, towards the door. She stepped out, and made a hand motion for him to follow her. She started walking down the poorly lit hall, navigating it like an experienced adventurer would a cave with many twists and turns. It took almost a full 5 minutes before she got into the room she was looking for. The kitchen. It was vast, and divided into two sections. One was a dining area, and if you were seated at the dining area, you couldn't even see into the kitchen area. The kitchen area itself was slick, and made in expensive wood. This area was not dirty like the other room, it was cleaned regularly, and everything seemed to reflect the dim light, giving the room an eerie glow.

"You can have a seat in the dining hall if you'd like. I'll... prepare something."

Verina hesitated at the end of her sentence noticeably, but she wasn't sure if Gilgamesh would know exactly why. The truth of the matter was that Verina actually had no experience in cooking, and had just offered out of the idea of formality. She walked slowly into the kitchen, almost apprehensively. She wished her mother had taught her more about how to navigate the area. Her right index finger rested on her bottom lip as she stared around the massive room, slightly confused. How hard could it really be? She started opening cabinets and cupboards, seemingly randomly, as she searched. She found something that seemed familiar, and she stared for a bit to recognize it as the ingredients that her cook had used to make tea. This was good. Verina poured water into a teapot, then set it on the oven like the cook always had. This was easy enough, she thought, as she continued the ritual as she remembered it. Next was food... her hopes plummeted as she realized that she had no idea where to even start with that... She started grabbing ingredients, and throwing them into a pot. She'd make soup. That sounded easiest... right? It took her a few solid minutes to finish her "meal" and be ready to serve it. She carried the tea out, then got the soup. She crossed her fingers, hoping this was even edible.

"There we are... sorry for the... wait..."

Verina helped herself to one sip of the tea and had to bite back the urge to spit the flavorless cold beverage out. Next she tried the soup, this time more apprehensively... It was worse than the tea, but Verina kept a straight face as she swallowed it.
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:38 pm

Gilgamesh followed Verina through the tunnels of her cave. The walls were much smoother than his previous cave. She must have spent a lot of time carving out this cave to her liking. It was impossible for water to naturally do this.

Amazing...

The single, whispered word crossed his lips without him noticing it. To be honest, he wasn't sure if he was speaking of the cave or Verina. Now that he wasn't on alert, he was taking in more of his surroundings. Gilgamesh only then realized the sweet, alluring scent hanging in the air. It was coming from her. He was becoming increasing grateful that he found her cave.

She led him to the larger part of her cave and told him to sit. He was becoming more and more impressed with Verina. She said she would feed him, but she only traveled to a far corner of her cave. Had she been hunting already? She also had no light flowers. Gilgamesh and his mother only used fire for cooking or heat during the cold months. Otherwise, it would burn out too quickly or overheat the cave. It was also so the creatures did not get used to the flames and still feared it. Verina, on the other hand, had managed to find a way to use fire in a more contained way and kept it under control. She was really smart. Gilgamesh took a seat as he was invited. He looked around. Verina had to be incredibly smart. Everything was made of wood. To have it around fire was either a fool's move or an act of genius. He knew she hadn't managed to carve out such a detailed cave by being a fool.

After sitting in silence for several minutes, she returned, carrying dishes in her hands. Unlike the dishes he was accustomed to, these were not made of stone or wood. He managed a quick smile as she sat it before him. After she'd began to eat, he did the same. He took a sip of the water first. His mouth was far too dry to begin eating. What was this?! This was not water! This... This... He decided to taste the food before him. It was not meat, but Verina was not normal. He tasted it as well. Gilgamesh sprang from his seat with the dishes in his hands. With the combination of using his legs to leap and a flap of his wings, he cleared the table, landing softly beside Verina. He stared her in the eyes, unflinchingly, holding out the dishes...

What is this?! I have never had anything like this... It is...

Gilgamesh glanced back towards the dishes and sniffed at them. He then returned his gaze to Verina.

..delicious? Is that the word? Your water. I have never drank water with a taste. And this! It is not meat. It had taste! Wow...

Gilgamesh plopped back on the floor, finishing his meal. The meals he prepared were only for sustenance. He'd not experienced pleasurable taste since Mother passed on the duty of meals to him. It was painful to admit, but the taste Verina had surpassed that of his on. He was snapped from his meal by the sounds of thunder. Three rapid claps that echoed. It was then followed be three more.

"Open up! We know he's in there!"

What had he done?! He'd been blinded by Verina's kindness and forgotten. Now they'd found her cave. On his feet in a flash, he looked towards Verina and back in the direction of those calling out for him. There was only one thing to do.

I am sorry. I brought them to your cave. Stay here. I will go out and face them. Thank you for the meal. I won't let them "arrest" you too.

He turned, trying to pinpoint the location of the source of the sound. The constant echoes made it difficult, but he was able to find it and darted off in the direction. He would make sure none of them survived to return to Verina's cave.
    Bloo
    Bloo
    Queen

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Bloo Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:32 pm

Verina was rather worried when the man took his first bite and first few sips, then jumped high into the air and landed right next to her. She figured he was so appalled that he wanted to confront her, but instead he held out the dish as though it was a legendary artifact, and even complimented it. She was more than surprised by this, but the man named Gilgamesh seemed to have more than a few... surprising qualities. She was about to say something when she heard a pounding on the door.

"Open up! We know he's in there!"

A brief flash of annoyance and rage flashed over Verina's face as she heard the rude and vulgar pounding on the door of her mansion. Who dare to insult her manor in such a way as to trespass uninvited and make such a rude ruckus. She glanced to Gilgamesh, who had entered her manor in a very similar way, but for some reason, Verina hadn't confronted him on it. Instead welcomed him as a guest. Strange... However, she had no time to think on the matter, she had some pests to deal with.

"Intruding insects get squashed..."

Verina mumbled to herself, following Gilgamesh, and grabbing her large sword on the way. She was quick on her feet as well, and knew some shortcuts to get to the door, so she managed to beat the man there. When Gilgamesh arrived, he'd see Verina forcing the door open, sending the officer who was on the other side flailing backwards. She was angry with the rude officers. She stepped out slowly, her annoyance seeming to radiate off of her, but she kept an impassive face. She gave a sharp smile, that made the officer that was banging on her door cower in fear slightly.

"Explain to me what business lowly Fringe police officers think they have on the grounds of my manor..."

Verina's voice was soft and terrifying, it seemed more like a demand over a question. She was sure the officer would babble a little bit in fear.
    Zafaris
    Zafaris

Post by Zafaris Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:56 pm

"Here Birdy, Birdy, Birdy."

Zafaris whispered to himself in jest, as he clung to the side of the large mansion, scaling it like a spider. He took his time, not because he wanted not be noticed, but because he didn't feel like actually running into the target. His hopes were that he would fly off before he got inside. Unfortunately, luck was not on his side. As he reached the smashed in window, he could hear the guards at the front door. He sighed and kicked off the wall, flipping into the room as to avoid cutting himself on the glass.

The room was rather decrepit, save for a polished piano and it's accompanying bench. He got closer and inspected the piano, tracing a finger along the edge as he walked around it, and eventually to the bench. He sat down, making himself comfortable. By the disturbance in the electrons on the bench, he could tell some one was sitting here not long ago, and for quite some time. He gently traced his fingers across the keys, detecting the subtle differences. He could vaguely tell which keys were pressed, and how often.

He took in a deep breath and began to play, trying to play the same tune that was last played, but failed miserably. With absolutely no experience with any instrument, the music he produced made it sound as if the piano was dying. He stopped for a moment before trying again. This time somewhat better, but no quite. He continued to try again and again until it sounded at least tolerable.
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:46 pm

When Gilgamesh had finally arrived to the door, he only found that Verina had somehow beat him to it. This was her cave after all. She must have had secret passages. He was shocked by her demeanor. She showed no concern for those that were chasing him. That means this must have been her territory. No wonder her cave was so massive and developed. These men were no more than wild dogs, hunting where they didn't belong. That was doubly bad for them, for Gilgamesh has had a meal.

He boldly stepped in front of Verina, demonstrating his full wingspan. They were then curved slightly to show he was in a battle readied state. This was the only sign of hostility he displayed, like an animal posturing as a warning. There was a sudden coldness in his demeanor. He knew these men were no match for him. They could no contend with him while he was weakened.

You should not have come here. You should have just left me alone. I don't know what this "arrest" is, but it can't be good. I won't let you do it. I promised Mother I will be King. I always keep my promises.

While not fully recovered, he wouldn't need much energy to deal with the likes of them. Without any movement from Gilgamesh whatsoever, a strong gust of win overtook the other seven, as well as pushing the one on the ground further back. Deep lacerations began to cover the men from head to toe. Despite it being night already, it suddenly became darker. As is it, a ball of light began to form before Gilgamesh. At first, it seemed soft, gentle and was a smooth sphere. However, as it grew larger, until it was about the size of his head, the appearance became more jagged and rough looking.

Leave now and never chase me again, or I will kill you.
    thng
    thng

Character sheet
    Health:
    It's Hard to say Goodbye... Left_bar_bleue120/120It's Hard to say Goodbye... Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)

Post by thng Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:59 pm

It had been several minutes since the bird-creature entered the building. Recently, Tsuzen had noticed another person slip inside the building and even the police showed up! He heard shouting, and knew that something was about to go down.

Hmm... I think I'm safe enough to take a closer look...

After repositioning himself, he could see at least a patrol of policemen, as well as the strange bird-creature and a young lady besides him. He also recognized a few of the policemen from the sweep.

Hehehe... Looks like I could get my revenge...

Suddenly, a strange gust of wind fell over the policemen, pushing a few of them too the ground. This was followed by a stern voice could be heard. A ball of light began forming in front of the birdman.

Well, what do we have here...
    Bloo
    Bloo
    Queen

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Bloo Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:15 pm

Verina couldn't help but smile as Gilgamesh jumped in front of her, despite the fact that she was wielding such an intimidatingly sized sword. She felt that the man, with his own intimidating atmosphere, could handle things here. What really caught her attention was his wild declaration... he was going to be king, he said?

"King... is a heavy goal, Gilgamesh. You'll need a true queen to help you attain power like that. I can give you that, you know..."

She was just about ready to turn back into her house when she heard a familiar sound that made her ears shriek in protest... It was her father's piano. Who dared..? In a flash, Verina disappeared, jumping gracefully around the worthless police officers with a level of acrobatics that seemed unhuman. That's when she reached the room that the intruder had entered in, the sound of the piano louder than ever. Verina planted her giant sword in the lawn and vaulted herself straight into the window. She skidded into the old room much like Gilgamesh had, but with much more grace. She looked to the intruder with a repressed rage that was surly noticeable.

"If you value your pathetic existence... you'd run far away from this room, swine. Because if you stay even a moment longer, I can't promise that I won't rip your spine out."

The threat was far less graceful than her normal ones seemed to be, but the man had tread into a very dangerous and delicate area of Verina's life, one that she would mercilessly shut off to the world. Especially someone who was intending to cause damage to such a prized possession...
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:14 pm

The guards began to slowly scramble, holding their wounds while they moved closer to one another. Struggling to pull themselves to their feet, the murmuring became gasps of horror at the notice realization of what they've done. One of the men pointed, while staggering backwards.

"K-K-King's Candidate! He's a King's Candidate!"

Then began to leave the area. Gilgamesh paid no mind to their ramblings. He'd displayed some of his strength, proving their weakness in comparison. This was one thing that he knew would remain constant. They would leave him alone now. They would leave Verina alone. Verina... She said she could help him in becoming a King. He needed to learn what she knew.

She's already given me food. I wonder if she really will tell me what she knows...

Gilgamesh turned towards the sword she'd left in the ground. He strolls over and picks it up, inspecting the weapon. When he was younger, he used to hunt using crude weapons. Verina's was a much higher quality though. With a few flaps of his wings, he was airborne again and at the cave opening. Remembering how tight the inside space was, he entered with much less speed this time.

I brought your...

Already speaking as he entered, Gilgamesh quickly noticed they still were not alone. The person before them, he wore the same clothing the other men did. He'd brought much bad luck to Verina, when she's done nothing but help him. He was prepared to outright kill this one as he entered her cave. A cave is a home and he was taught to never fight inside home. Containing himself for the moment, he would ask for permission first.

I've cost you a lot of trouble. I'd like to ask how you could help me become King after I take care of this one. There's one trick I learned. Take the head of one of them and place it outside and they won't come back. Do you want me to show you?
    thng
    thng

Character sheet
    Health:
    It's Hard to say Goodbye... Left_bar_bleue120/120It's Hard to say Goodbye... Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)

Post by thng Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:39 pm

Looks like that third guy is in trouble.

This observation came after Tsuzen overheard the birdman's threat.

Well, might as well make my presence known.

With that, he started walking towards the three to offer his greetings.

Last edited by thng on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stopping misinterpretation.)
    Zafaris
    Zafaris

Post by Zafaris Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:46 am

"Huh. I figured that this was important. And I was so close to getting it right to. Oh well."

He said sarcastically. His playing was still horrendous. Zafaris stood from the bench, and dusted it off with his hand.

"My apologies... I guess."

He walked over to the other side of the window, keeping an eye on the woman through his mask, which, on closer inspection, didn't seem that he could see through. She quickly threatened him, to no surprise, but it didn't shake him one bit. Even if she did kill him, it might be doing him a favor. Working for the guard has become so tiresome.

"You might want to rethink that missy. If you kill me, then the guards will be after you as well. Murder is illegal don'tchya know?"

Zafaris began to walk around the perimeter of the room, looking at the various books, but being careful not to touch. In all honesty, he was just stalling, hoping the guards would deal with the birdy, or he would at least fly away.

"I'm just looking for the Birdy."

Unfortunately, he would have no such luck. Just as he finished speaking, the very person he was looking for came through the window.

"Well speak of the devil. Looks like that starting to become a door."

Zafaris laughed nervously as he know through about his own threats.

"Jeese, what's with all the violence? A little graphic to."

The suspicious masked man continued walking around the room, trying to inconspicuously get back to the window.

"What happened to the guardsmen? I didn't really hear a fight, and no one rushing through the house... Except him. Who are you anyways?"

Zafaris was of course referring to the boy that just walked in the room. This one actually used the door, unlike everyone else. The main reason he bothered pointing it out was to make the two look the other way so he could jump back out the window.

(Why am I in the same clothes as the guards?)
    thng
    thng

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by thng Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:54 am

Getting to the manor was no easy feat. After all, it was sitting on a high perch overlooking the Fringe Lands. Even so, Tsuzen still arrived there swiftly.

Last edited by thng on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I misread :P)
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:08 pm

If you wanted to leave...

The two intruders were pressed against opposite walls with Gilgamesh in the center.

...you should have done it when those others left.

These people were strange to him. If the others had left, why would this one stay behind? If Verina was already upset that he entered uninvited and messed with her things, why would he try to anger her further? Furthermore...

Birdy.

Did he... Did he just manage to disrespect both his name and his wings in one fell swoop?!

What... did you call me...

A ghostlike blue flame began to softly emanate from Gilgamesh' shoulders. His eyes seemed to grow brighter and were sharper. He no longer cared about receiving permission. This one had crossed the line. There was only one thing keeping his rage in check. If he upset Verina further, after causing so much trouble, he risked not learning what she knew to help him become King. He grit his teeth and stared. He pointed with his free hand towards his intended target.

Before all of this is over, I'll be the one to kill you... I promise it.

OOC: You're a guard. Those were guards. You put yourself in the same situation as the other guards, chasing the same target and didn't specify that you were in different attire. It'd only make sense that you'd be in the same uniform.
    thng
    thng

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by thng Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:22 pm

As Tsuzen reached the broken window, he noticed the surrounding grounds turning increasingly red. Even so, he steeled his courage and jumped through the window.

Landing straight into a bloodred floor area.
    Bloo
    Bloo
    Queen

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Bloo Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:45 pm

It didn't take long for the situation to quickly get out of control. Verina was getting more and more upset with every person who entered the room. Even Gilgamesh took the liberty of breaking into the one room she wanted nobody to be in... A blood lust crossed her mind, and she was sure her eyes danced with a fury few had survived to see. Verina shut her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. She couldn't lose her cool, not here. It was too risky. And inelegant. Verina's glare started on the first intruder, who still had not left despite her clear warning.

"I don't think I was very unclear about my statement, kid. The pathetic police force does not intimidate me, swine. Get out of this room or I'll rip your spine out. I'm not going to warn you again."

Verina's glare then turned to Gilgamesh. She knew he meant well, but he was clearly very oblivious to the situation, which only made Verina more upset.

"I went easy on you last time you broke into this room without permission. I don't make a habit of repeating myself. Not you, or nobody else but me, is welcome in this room, you're free to adventure around the rest of the house as you wish... but not this room. I'm the only one allowed here. Under any circumstances. I'd appreciate it... if you got out."

Verina was even more annoyed to see that yet another person had crawled through the broken window. She bit back the urge to decapitate everyone, and instead opened the door to the hallway.

"Everyone. Out. Now."

Verina's tone was cool, yet chilling. She was on her last nerves, but tried her best not to show it.
    Zafaris
    Zafaris

Post by Zafaris Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:41 pm

Just as Zafaris was about to jump out the window, another person came on in. It just seemed like an open door didn't it. Then again, it didn't seem that anyone was living in this old house anymore anyways.

"Just sayin. Besides, I think I've been here long enough for them to think I was actually trying, and if I'm wrong, going to prison sounds better than dying in a dusty old room."

He gave the winged man a once over with his eyes.

"Yaaaa... Toodles!"

Zafaris suddenly leaped and dived out the window once he was close enough, careful not to cut himself on the way out. Quickly polarizing his hands to cling to the windowsill. He poked his head in the window one last time.

"Hey you with the wings. Two words. Anger. Management."

With that, he quickly dropped off the side of the building and began to run through the narrow alleys back to his own personal haven. He had enough of this guard's work. With the practice he's had, none of the normal guard are going to catch him ever again.
    thng
    thng

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by thng Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:01 pm

Being the only one left in the room who was seemingly out of place, Tsuzen felt a lot of pressure. The feeling could be said to be akin to that of being held at gunpoint. Trying to compose himself, and at the same time trying to maintain formalities and respect(or however much could be salvaged after jumping through a window), he decided to start with an introduction.

Hello. My name is Tsuzen Shimekiri. I have a few questions regarding what I just saw after following him(pointing to Gilgamesh) here and observing what just happened. Would you mind answering a few of my questions?
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:21 pm

Gilgamesh could hear the anger in Verina's voice. What he didn't hear was saying she wanted to kill this guy instead. She wanted them out. This time she didn't say it as nice as she did the first time he was there. He began to understand. This place was like the corner his Mother kept in their cave. It was a special place. The last of the people that wanted to "arrest" him had left. He made doubly sure to commit that scent to memory. He would hunt that one down. He would make him suffer. Still, he was in Verina's private place.

I understand. This is your special place. Forgive me.

He held no qualm with the other arrival. All the same the guy seemed to be interested in him. Trouble seemed to keep piling up. Gilgamesh started to exit the room. Something seemed to click though. This, Tsuzen Shimekiri, did not leave Verina's special place. He could do this much for her. Heading towards the opening, he expanded his wings to block the view of the man from Verina. He then guided him out of the "room" as Verina called it. She said it was a house, not a cave. He'd make a mental note of that. Once out of the room, he addressed the man in a low tone.

I am Gilgamesh. Do not bring any more trouble to Verina. If you want to "arrest" me too, you can try outside. If you cause more trouble for her, I won't forgive you.

Remembering the way from earlier, Gilgamesh turned to head down the tunnel. Pausing briefly, he leaned the blade against the wall. He then gave one last look into the room before heading back to where they'd eaten. He had much to consider.

What am I going to do? This place is tricky. Things work differently here. I haven't even seen a place where I can go hunt. I didn't think this through enough... Maybe Verina will tell me where she hunts...

He sat at the table, wings arched and hanging over his head. He leaned in on his elbows, brow furrowed in the darkness. He may not know how things worked, but he was still a hunter. Hunters needed to blend in. The people that chased him wore similar clothes. Verina wore clothes different from them all. Hers seemed more valuable, like fruit still hanging from the tree over the one that has fallen to the ground. He only had the rag Mother told him to keep with him always. In all of the people he'd seen, there wasn't a single other being with wings either. He would have to think of how to best blend in here...
    thng
    thng

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by thng Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:47 pm

Tsuzen frowned. Although he got a quite satisfying view of his query, he still was not satisfied with this conclusion. When Gilgamesh had showed him out and demonstrated his full wingspan, Tsuzen stored every bit of information in his mind. However, he yearned for more information but the surrounding ground was a deep, deep red. Still requiring more information to quench his curiosity, he found a concealed area nearby where he would not be revealed and could see and hear whatever was going on inside the house, and waited. However, he did find a bird feather on the ground and busied himself studying that.
    Bloo
    Bloo
    Queen

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Bloo Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:34 pm

Verina gave a sigh of relief as the fools cleared out of the room. Her level of tension dropped significantly, and she settled back into her cool, classy demeanor. She stepped out of the room and shut the door, making a note to replace that window later. She walked briskly behind the other set of people in her home. It wasn't long after they arrived in the dining room, that she walked in as well. She gave a pleasant smile, noticing that Tsuzen had taken to the shadows. She'd probably scared him, or something.

"Welcome, Tsuzen Shimekiri and Gilgamesh, to my family's manor. I'm under the impression you both have a lot of questions. I can try to help you as much as i can, and you're both welcome to stay in the guest rooms if you'd like. My only rule is you avoid that one room, and we'll have no problems!"

Verina helped herself to a seat in one of the lavish and comfortable chairs in the dining room, expecting this session of questions to take a while. Might as well be comfortable.

"So, who would like to start? I'm open to any questions. I can be quite knowledgeable."
    thng
    thng

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by thng Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:44 pm

"Well, I'll go first. I followed this guy here from the Fringe Lands, and have been observing you for the past several minutes. As I have never seen anybody before with wings, it grabbed my curiosity. Thus, I am here. I would like to ask Mr. Gilgamesh here how he acquired these wings, and how he easily defeated the guards."

Last edited by thng on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot Text Color)
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:06 pm

Gilgamesh relaxed slightly, exhaling. He did not want to appear overly eager. The feathery black wings lowered and curved around the back of the chair as he prepared to ask his questions. Tsuzen Shimekiri spoke first. It seemed odd. He wanted to ask about Gilgamesh himself, but kept attempting to get the knowledge from Verina. That wasn't the best way to go about it. It also rubbed Gilgamesh the wrong way. Why wouldn't he just ask him? It made no difference. He spoke in a low, somewhat serious, but non-demanding tone, directing his question to Verina.

I have many questions, but you've already helped me so much. I'll only ask the important one. You said you could help me become King. It's obvious to me now that I don't know anything about this outside world. Still I must become King. Will you tell me what you know so I can make this happen?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:50 pm