Gate of Kings

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gate of Kings

The Gate holds Untold Secrets for the Proven King...

+2
Gilgamesh
Bloo
6 posters

It's Hard to say Goodbye...

Magnate Sue
    Magnate Sue
    Rook

Character sheet
    Health:
    It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue260/260It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (260/260)
    Level: 1

It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 3 Empty Re: It's Hard to say Goodbye...

Post by Magnate Sue Thu May 02, 2013 2:09 am

At Konstanze's exclamation Odric had crouched ready for anything. But as she left he let out a sigh of relief and relaxed. Odric turned towards Gilgamesh.

She may be trouble. She didn't just come here to get you to comply with the rules. She came to size us up as enemies in the kings game.
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:
    It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue600/600It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (600/600)
    Level: N/A

Post by Gilgamesh Thu May 02, 2013 2:30 am

Gilgamesh laughed out loud.

This is exciting!

He turned towards Odric and nodded.

There's something else too. I don't trust her. You shouldn't either. She really acted funny when she found out Verina was my Queen. She also said she's gonna make sure everyone is "aware" of me. I know I'm still learning things, but that was a slip of the tongue. If she was just going to tell everyone, she would've said that. She meant she would warn everyone. She'll be back Odric. I don't think she'll be alone this time either. We need to be ready.
    Magnate Sue
    Magnate Sue
    Rook

Character sheet
    Health:
    It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue260/260It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (260/260)

Post by Magnate Sue Thu May 02, 2013 1:59 pm

Odric nodded to his king.

My blade stands ready to put down any that get in our way. Truth be told, I haven't been able to get serious in a fight since I became a zombie, I'm looking forward to the festivities.

A sadistic smile played across Odric's face.
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:
    It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue600/600It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (600/600)

Post by Gilgamesh Fri May 03, 2013 5:36 pm

Gilgamesh raised an eyebrow and gave a puzzled look to his Rook.

You fight for fun? The outside world gets stranger and stranger. Either way, we might not have a choice. We're going to need a Bishop...
    Magnate Sue
    Magnate Sue
    Rook

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Magnate Sue Fri May 03, 2013 5:59 pm

Odric laughs at his king's comment.

I don't know how else to feel in a fight when I don't feel pain. With the fear of death gone only the thrill of the fight remains which is intoxicating to me.

Odric licks his lips and shudders while laughing under his breath. Taking a deep breath Odric regains his composure and looks Gilgamesh straight in the eye.

A Bishop eh. What are you looking for in one? I can keep an eye out for candidates while I'm in town.
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Fri May 03, 2013 7:33 pm

Gilgamesh arose from his seat. He fiddled with is beloved cloak, holding it up and examining it.

Someone I can trust. Anything else, we can cover. My Queen and I aren't like you, Rook. I think if someone stabbed us, we'll say "ouch".

The Winged King fired a quick grin towards Odric, before returning to his examination.

We'll need someone to keep the fight going. I'm also not too sure if I wanna test if you can die or not. But first...

Gilgamesh innocently held out a portion of his ragged and torn cloak. Though still a mostly tattered mess, he couldn't help but notice it wasn't as tattered as it'd always been. Being his only possession, he knew every rip and tear in the garment. It was weird.

I think I should dress like a King. Verina's house, the rooms in it, everything in it and even everything she wears looks so... special. That woman just now. She looked different from the other people too. Maybe I should dress different too if I want to be taken seriously as King.

His mother told him to never allow himself to be separated from the garment. He would get something to go along with it and wear it behind him as that woman did.

I'll be heading out. Try not to disturb Verina. She seems tired.

Gilgamesh thought for a moment. They're tried to arrest him in public, along with Odric. With his Rook's explanation of his "crimes" it was certain they would not hesitate to move against them whenever they were ready. The only safe place seemed to be Verina's home. They tended to avoid this place. The Winged King thought of the games he used to play with his mother when he first began exploring the forest alone and even more when he began flying through the forest.

We'll need a signal or something. If anyone tries to attack while separated, we'll need something in order to let each other know.
    Magnate Sue
    Magnate Sue
    Rook

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Magnate Sue Fri May 03, 2013 7:52 pm

Odric began walking towards the front door.

Look like a king eh? Maybe I'll follow suit and get something more appropriate that this peasant garb that's now torn up.

Odric turned back towards Gilgamesh before stepping out of the room.

As for a signal I could rustle up some flairs and flair guns. I always had some in my old house since it was so far away from the village. We used them to alert the village we needed aid. There would probably be a better method with magic but I'm not a magician so I wouldn't know.

With that Odric left Verina's mansion.
    Bloo
    Bloo
    Queen

Character sheet
    Health:
    It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue268/268It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (268/268)

Post by Bloo Sat May 04, 2013 2:29 am

It had been a nice, long slumber for Verina. She was thrilled at the new power she felt flowing through her veins. She felt... reborn. She heard a harsh slam of her front door, followed by the onslaught of rain hitting her bedroom window, and it caused her to glance out with a frown. She changed out of her delicate night gown and into her usual attire, curious as to who the newest intruders were. She grabbed her large weapon and threw it onto her back, before opening the door and pacing with fury towards the entrance. She got there, seeing a large group just leaving, and Gilgamesh standing there, seeming confused and worried.

"And who's this newest person, trying to beat down my door? Have you gone off and made yourself a whole damned army overnight?"

Verina walked towards the door, her new power seeming to radiate through her demeanor. She carried herself taller, prouder. She could see the group walking away in the rain with a frown, waiting for Gilgamesh's reply.
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Sat May 04, 2013 2:39 am

Rain... I hate the rain. Not as easy to fly in... I guess I'll be walking.

Gilgamesh was staring out the door after Odric's departure. He was preparing to leave himself when Verina made herself known. It seems like they woke her up after all. He turned to face her, looking somewhat embarrassed.

No... Not an army, but I think we might need one. Our Rook ran into some trouble. The guards in this city seem to love to start conflict. So it's not his fault.

The Winged King was making it a point to share that fact. It would be bad if his Rook was kicked out of their home.

Still... Some lady with one eye and a really long name brought him here. She was asking a lot of questions about who I am, where I'm from and my relationship to you. When I told her you were my Queen, she left in a hurry that way.

Gilgamesh pointed in the direction he'd seen the lady leave before continuing.

I don't like her. She doesn't... feel right. Odric agrees. I think she's going to be trouble for us.
    Bloo
    Bloo
    Queen

Character sheet
    Health:
    It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue268/268It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (268/268)

Post by Bloo Sat May 04, 2013 10:32 am

Verina frowned, looking out the door and watching the crowd vanish in the rainy darkness. She had a good idea who it was, based on Gilgamesh's description, but she was disappointed that he couldn't remember her name. It was an important piece of information, and as a king, he should take the threat more seriously than that... but she supposed that was her job, really.

"You're right. That doesn't sound good. I'm figuring that we now have a pretty large target on our back. Though, in a way... that's a pretty good thing, right? Heh. I guess if we wanted our names out there, this would be the fastest way."

Verina stepped out of the house, into the rain, but she didn't seem to notice the rain, almost embracing it's cleansing powers. It was a new day, with new challenges and new advantages.

"So, the way i see it, we need a Bishop. What do you say, my king?"
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Sat May 04, 2013 12:04 pm

That's the plan. We'll need someone to keep you and Odric in the fight. My abilities won't have a lasting effect. I need to practice more.

Gilgamesh began to trudge out into the rain. He truly hated the rain. It always made his wings so heavy. He would normally do something about that, but it'd be smart to conserve his energy right now. It would probably be safer as well. Until he knows for sure if they plan on coming after him or not, it would be best not to make himself an easy target. He stopped momentarily and turned back to face Verina. She always seemed to have the answers. Maybe she could help him with this too. The Winged King quickly changed his mind. He was used to learning the terrain with a bird's eye view. Still, he wasn't incapable of doing the same on foot. He would find his own way.

I'm off to dress for my part and look more like a King, I think. You should be careful. That one eyed lady seemed more interested in your being my Queen than anything else.

He gave a slight wave and a smile before drooping his wings over his shoulders. They were already soaked and heavy. His bare feet splashed in the wet puddles as his hair hung and covered his face. Gilgamesh then disappeared into the decreasing crowd on the street. It seemed everyone was getting out of this sudden downpour. He was the only one actually going out into it. Grumbling endlessly to himself, he made his way down the street.
    Bloo
    Bloo
    Queen

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Bloo Sun May 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Verina stayed in the rain for a solid 20 minutes, not noticing much of the world around her. she was thinking. in order to be a proper Queen, she knew what she had to do. She'd always been told what she needed to do to unlock the true power of the Godfrey family, but she'd never thought her body could handle the change. However, now that she had been awoken by Gilgamesh, she thought she could manage whatever tax it would take.

"Then it's decided."

Verina declared to herself, then stormed into the manor, rain water jumping off of her being and tracking into the house. It was as if the rain was shedding off her being as she paced quickly through the house with purpose until she reached her destination. It was the one room that everyone else had been banned from. She frowned as she opened the door and saw the window still smashed. Some people had no respect whatsoever. She sighed, then sat at her piano again. she took a deep breath, clearing her mind. she needed exact precision for this to work... she played softly, with an exact precision that she'd spent years practicing in order to finally master. It was a display of true and powerful skill on the piano, and the pleasant sound seemed to carry across the entire city.

"And the room jumps to life..."

Verina spoke in a soft, yet clear tone, and almost immediately the room shifted on it's own, a light blue magic dust seeming to push it. The book case went in front of the window, blocking the rain and any wandering eyes, the door closed and locked, then the heavy desk moved in front of it. Verina stood, and the piano drew into the wall, disappearing. Dust from the rarely moved furniture filled the room for a moment, before settling into a new spot. After the room ceased move, Verina stood straight.

"...and to the gods, the treasure was revealed..."

The floor jumped to life next, opening itself up and revealing a staircase that didn't even fit into the houses floor plans. Verina took a deep breath before stepping into the dark stairs. She pulled out her enormous sword with ease and an apathetic stare. When she reached the bottom of the stairs, there was a massive door. Verina looked at it in awe for a moment before she held up her massive weapon.

"...and the gods presented their key to the hidden weapons of the worlds."

With that, her sword floated into the air, again carried by the magic dust. It seemed to unlock the door, and it opened up right away. Verina stared into the newly revealed area. It seemed like it was it's own world, with one mountain. On top of the mountain was one tiny cube, and Verina picked it up. She stared at it for a long time, before she squeezed it in her hand. Out from it burst many shining blue particles. Immediately Verina could hear screams of terror and cries of emptiness, but she didn't flinch away. The dust assaulted Verina, almost like it was trying to eat her, but she embraced it. It was painful, the attack of the strange substance. It lifted her into the air, and Verina herself started glowing, so bright that the dust couldn't be seen anymore. Then, in an instant, it all ceased. Verina crashed to the floor, panting. Her eyes seemed to glow blue.

"...and the gods blessed us, everyone."

Immediately, the whole new dimension had vanished, and Verina reappeared back into the piano room, which was shifting back to it's normal structure. She was in the middle of the lavish room, panting slightly, adjusting to the newest power that was embracing her. She felt it inside her head, clawing her, trying to gain control of her body, but she fought it off. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. When they reopened, the room was repaired, and she felt... normal. She stood tall, starting to feel the new powers again. She knew how to control them, her mother and father spent all their time teaching her. She couldn't forget such valuable information.

"For the sins of our fathers, are not passed to the young of our genes."

That was the final touch, and Verina's massive sword reappeared in her hand and she gave a slick smile. She was ready to restore her family's true honor. She paced towards the front door, stepping into the rain again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 pm