Gate of Kings

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gate of Kings

The Gate holds Untold Secrets for the Proven King...

+2
Gilgamesh
Bloo
6 posters

It's Hard to say Goodbye...

Magnate Sue
    Magnate Sue
    Rook

Character sheet
    Health:
    It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue260/260It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (260/260)
    Level: 1

It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Hard to say Goodbye...

Post by Magnate Sue Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:19 pm

The scene had been quite eventful. A winged man, guards, a man able to cling to walls, a woman with a sword.

These people may know of something

Cautiously the man approached the manor door when the fun had died down and the cling man had left. grabbing the door knocker he rapped it three times.
    Bloo
    Bloo
    Queen

Character sheet
    Health:
    It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue268/268It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (268/268)

Post by Bloo Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:35 pm

Verina listened to Tsuzen's question first, with a bit of a frown. She didn't know how to answer the question herself, and figured that it would be best if directed at Gilgamesh. She was about to ask him what he thought, when she heard a loud knock echo through the manor. She was getting many visitors today it seemed. She briefly excused herself to answer the door. When she opened it, she raised an eyebrow at the man. He was well built, but there was something... strange about him. How much weirder could this night get?

"Hello, and welcome to my manor. I'm guessing you're here for much the same reason my other guests are. You can join us in the dining hall, if you'd like. Shut the door behind you, please."

Verina walked back through the house, and into the dining hall, expecting the newcomer to be hot on her heels. She glanced at said winged man, and smiled politely.

"I'll start by reintroducing myself for the newcomers. I am Verina Godfrey, daughter of the former King Victor Godfrey. Pleased to meet you all. Now, for your question, Tsuzen... I have no idea how he has wings, or how he beat the guards. I wasn't there to even see him beat the guards. Gilgamesh, I'd be honored if you could explain."

Next, Verina listened to Gilgamesh's question. His was better, because she actually had a detailed answer for it. She was well versed in how the system of Kings worked.

"For your question, I have a better answer Gilgamesh. In our generation, we have what we call Official Set Tournaments. It is a battle between Kings, and their Sets. In order to become a King, on must possess a true power, the power to raise those around him into honorable soldiers, and win in the set matches. If you desire to be a King, the first step would be to choose your Queen. From there, you need to seek out other recruits to fill in the rest of the roles of your set. Knights, Rooks, Bishops, and Pawns. Each play a valuable role in the game of Kings. It's you're job to pick who fits which role best, and make the strongest possible set so that you win all of your matches in the tournament."

Verina thought back on her explanation, she had at least covered the basics. The rest, she would explain along the way, or Gilgamesh could learn on his own.
    thng
    thng

Character sheet
    Health:
    It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue120/120It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)

Post by thng Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:42 pm

When Tsuzen got the response from Verina, he really had no other choice but to as Gilgamesh directly. He really did not want to do this, seeing as they were not on the best of terms, but there was nothing else to do. The newest visitor looked... strange, to say the least. He looked like he'd been through some strange things recently. Tsuzen proceeded with his question.

"Gilgamesh, I have a few questions for you. Really, they're just the same ones I just asked Verina. I apologize for not directly asking you and I have intended no disrespect. However, your wings really have caught my attention. If you don't wish to answer, I will respect that."

Last edited by thng on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Color Again -.-)
    Magnate Sue
    Magnate Sue
    Rook

Character sheet
    Health:
    It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue260/260It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (260/260)

Post by Magnate Sue Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:49 pm

"hng," grunted Odric, " seems you guys are up to something."

Odric turns to Verina and looks her over.

"you seem to know what you're talkin' about. I was but a simple gravedigger on the fringe but a short while ago so I got no know-how of kings and such but it seems this 'kings game' attracts strange people. Strange people with strange powers, am I wrong? Oh, and by the way name's Odric Milady"
    fireswift
    fireswift

Character sheet
    Health:
    It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue120/120It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)

Post by fireswift Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:02 pm

Raysunko was completely lost he manage to find himself at a manor.
    maybe I should ask for directions to the nearest store to restock on supplies and ask for the nearest inn
    So Raysunko approached the manor.
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:
    It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue600/600It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (600/600)
    Level: N/A

Post by Gilgamesh Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:17 pm

Gilgamesh smiled to himself with Verina's response. That was good news at least. He could become a King through his own might. He just needed to create a Set. It was a good thing she explained that further as he had no idea what it meant. He could not help but believe he was somehow guided to her. She fed him, invited him to stay with her, did not send him away, when trouble came, was quite knowledgeable and was the daughter of a King herself. It was perfect. If he needed pieces to join his Set, he couldn't imagine a better way to start. His chain of thought was broken by the questions of Tsuzen Shimekiri. He turned towards him with a dry stare.

The outside world is strange. You would ask another questions about me. Then you would ask a strange question to me without first telling anything about yourself. Where did you get your hands? Where did you get your feet? I think the answer is the same. I was born with my wings.

Gilgamesh reset his attention towards Verina, not particularly concerned with the newcomer. A true power to raise others... Mother had taught him to harness his power to make others stronger. He practiced on several of the creatures in the Black Forest. He arose from his seat, wings not completely tucked away behind him. Remembering the steps he took, he focused on his hand, gathering energy. As he did so, his right hand began to glow with a pale blue fire. Though heat was being generated, it was obvious that the flame was not burning him. Standing before Verina, he looked her in the eye.

Is this what you mean?

Gilgamesh then gently took Verina's hand with is right hand, the flames gave off a gentle warmth, but failed to burn her as well. He placed his left hand over her hand and expanded his wings, curving them to face slightly forward. His energy then began to surge into Verina as they were both engulfed in the blue flames. It was different. When he used this on creatures of the Forest, it was almost instantaneous. This was taking a while, and she was drawing in quite a lot. After several moments, he felt the trigger in his mind informing him that he was done. He released Verina's hand, staggering back slightly, using his wings to maintain balance. He felt somewhat exhausted, another first from performing the act. He didn't fully understand while it was different this time, perhaps because she was a person? Still, he instinctively knew what it meant and what she'd become.

Will you fight as my Queen and help me become King?
    fireswift
    fireswift

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by fireswift Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:46 pm

Raysunko entered the manor to ask for directions but he saw something interesting... He saw a man with wings and even more intersting looking people.

Hello sorry for the intrusion but I wanted to ask for directions and I wanted to know if there's any one here in this town that can help me become the best bishop.
    Bloo
    Bloo
    Queen

Character sheet
    Health:
    It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue268/268It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (268/268)

Post by Bloo Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:07 pm

Verina was surprised, to say the least, when Gilgamesh stepped up to her and placed his hand on her hand. She stood, to match his posture, then she could feel... something happening. When she'd asked her mother what it was like to receive her power... she'd described it as a soft, warm feeling, followed by a surge of adrenaline. Right now she was coated in the gentle blue flames, but they disappeared the second Gilgamesh let go. Verina could feel her heart beat, and felt as though she could hear everyone elses hearts give a gentle throb every once in a while as well.

"Y-Yes, I will Gilgamesh."

After sputtering out the few words, Verina felt slightly lightheaded, feeling a rush of power run through her. It was taxing to the poor girl. She stumbled slightly herself, hardly even noticing the newest burglar walking into her house. She didn't know what to say or do. She simply sat back down into her seat and seemed to daze off for a moment.

"I think Gilgamesh is best suited to answer that question, am I right..?"
    thng
    thng

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by thng Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:44 pm

Tsuzen was clearly irritated at the response he got from Gilgamesh. However, soon after he got the response another person entered the house. This guy looked a little confused.

"Hello, sorry for the intrusion, but I came to ask for directions, and I also want to know if there's anyone here in this town that can help me become the best bishop."

"I recommend you take a seat, and ask your questions later. Keep in mind that you're in line after me. As you can see, something of more importance than your query is going on right now. You may have to wait for quite a while. You too, Mr. Gravedigger. Take a seat."

What unfolded next could be described as interesting. Gilgamesh generated a simple flame on his right hand and held Verina's with his. Next, they seemed to be synchronized for a little bit. When Verina finally let go, she stumbled around a bit, and retook her seat with a daze in her eyes.

"Alright, could somebody please tell me what just happened? I'd really like to know about what just transpired, and I still need to know how you defeated those guards, Gilgamesh."

Last edited by thng on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrections)
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:
    It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue600/600It's Hard to say Goodbye... - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (600/600)

Post by Gilgamesh Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:48 pm

Gilgamesh leaned against the table, smiling. He'd gotten his Queen.

Mother... I'm on my way.

Still trying to recover from the ordeal, the Winged King found a nearby chair and took a seat, sighing in relief. He shook his head to try and focus his blurred vision. Just as he instinctively knew she was he Queen after what he'd done, he knew she was also his strongest piece. It was the instinct of a born King. He hoped this would mean that the other pieces would not take such a toll on him as he was now in a semi-vulnerable state. He didn't feel alarmed in the slightest. He felt... at ease. Was it because his Queen was nearby? Not only that, despite being drained, he also felt... stronger. Clenching his fist, he could sense the heightened power flowing through his veins.

Amazing...

He cast a cold gaze upon the intruder. Verina had ignored him. That meant he was not a welcome guest as everyone had been welcomed in some manner. Even more to the point, he entered and did not seem to know anyone, yet happened to ask a question pertaining exactly to what they were discussing...

Suspicious...

He only thought to himself he wished the newcomer would leave. However, a surge of force ripped itself from his body and collided with the still nameless man and sent him back from where he came. Taken off his feet, the intruder was knocked outside.

What was that? I... I didn't even have to focus! Is obtaining a Set going to keep increasing my powers?

He had much to learn. Rising from his seat, he decided now was as good of time as any to start.

I need to learn about this place since I'll be here now. I need to find a new hunting ground as well. I'll be back soon.

Slowly, as not to lose his balance in case he had not recovered, Gilgamesh made his way to the door. Once outside, he stared down at the person he'd just shown the way out. With a scoff, he flapped his wings and took to the skies once more.
    Magnate Sue
    Magnate Sue
    Rook

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Magnate Sue Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:09 pm

Odric watched in amusement as The young winged boy sent the trespasser flying and left. Turning to Verina he spoke,

"You seem to know more about this world than I do Milady. Don't recon you'd be apposed to me sticking around? I feel being around you and that young pup may lead me to my goal. And don't worry, I don't expect to stay here for free. Consider me at your beck and call. Of coarse I understand if it is too much of a burden as well."
    Bloo
    Bloo
    Queen

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Bloo Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:31 pm

Verina had started to recover from the brutal power injection she'd received. She rose from her seat and stood tall and proud. She liked the new power she'd received, and could feel it in her veins, but she'd managed to control it better than Gilgamesh. Nobody had been injured by hers. She debated trying to pick up the newest intruder, and welcome him, but decided against it. Instead, turned first to Tsuzen.

"You should watch your tone when you're speaking to my king. I'll have to remove your tongue if you keep that attitude up. However, I think you can learn how to change that. You seem quite savvy."

Verina then turned to the other one, who had asked her questions about staying here.

"You're free to find a vacant room. There are plenty. I just request that you stay out of my father's study. The same goes for you, Sir Tsuzen. You're free to stay if you'd like, but avoid that room. I'm going to get some rest now, feel free to explore. There's food and tea in the kitchen."

With that, Verina gracefully left the room to go to her own. She would get into her more comfortable nightwear and try to get some sleep. She hoped Gilgamesh would be home soon. They had much to discuss.
    Magnate Sue
    Magnate Sue
    Rook

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Magnate Sue Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:40 pm

"Well that's settled," murmured Odric to himself and walked out of the house.
    thng
    thng

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by thng Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:26 pm

"Watch my tongue, eh. Why does that always come up in conversations? I really need to work on that aspect of me."

Among other things, Tsuzen pondered this as he wandered aimlessly about the house, exploring every area except for the piano room, which Verina had said to stay away from. What was so special about that room? He had only seen the piano, a floor rug, a dusty old bookcase that looked like it hadn't been used in a while, and what looked like a family portrait on the wall.

"Well, don't want to anger her. After all, she is letting me wander about her house."

After some more adventuring, Tsuzen found a roof access hatch. The roof itself was made of tile, and looked to be quite old and weathered. From there, he noticed a number of things. Firstly, he could see Gilgamesh flying off in the distance.

"Hmph. In the end, he never answered my question. And I have to be nice to him? Oh well. No point in hostility."

Secondly, he noticed a weathered church off in the distance, with a decrepit old watchtower.

"Didn't that masked guy run off in that direction? Maybe he's there. He was a guard, though."

He also saw the person who called himself a gravedigger down in the town market below.

"Was he really a normal person? He felt... different."

Lastly, he could see out to the wasteland.

"It really has been a long time..."

With that, he laid his head down and slept.

thng
    thng

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by thng Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:35 pm

"Yawn..."

It was already afternoon. Tsuzen had overslept. What he now wanted, however, was a weapon. Seeing the king Gilgamesh showcase his power last night, he just then realized that he could have died, according to the will of Gilgamesh. Thus, he settled on a crossbow. But first, he needed to thank his host. He descended down the roof access ladder.

"Thanks for letting me stay here, Miss Verina. I'll be taking my leave now." He shouted into the house.

With that, he ran out the front door, towards the Fringe Lands.

Last edited by thng on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Coloring >:()
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:40 am

Gilgamesh drifted back to the home of his Queen. It'd become his home as well. He fluttered around the outside of the manor, looking for an open window. Well, he was looking another open window. He did not want to enter her special place. He found yet another open window.

Things get exciting around here quickly... I need to rest.

The Winged King entered through the window. Perching himself momentarily on the window sill, he took in the massive room. There were a lot of items he wasn't familiar with. That had become unbelievably commonplace in Verina's home. He quietly walked around the dark room. Moonlight from the open window provided him more than enough vision. Then he heard it. It was a soft breathing, almost silent. He turned to quickly survey the room and found the source.

Verina...

She lay sleeping on another item he'd not seen before. Like everything else in the house, it was quite decorated. Gilgamesh couldn't help but wonder if she'd remained sleep this entire time. He was still quite drained himself. She seemed quite comfortable. His curiosity got the best of him. He wanted to try that. Walking to the other side, the Winged King sat beside her and turned to lay on his stomach. He almost instinctively draped his wing over Verina. He'd seemed to become very protective of her for reasons he couldn't quite yet understand. Was it because he was returning the favor? Was it because she is his Queen? It could wait for later. Whatever this was he was laying on, it was really soft, not at all like the hard ground he's used to sleeping on. No wonder she slept so soundly. It wasn't long before he'd also drifted off into slumber.
    Magnate Sue
    Magnate Sue
    Rook

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Magnate Sue Thu May 02, 2013 12:53 am

Odric led Konstanze to the manor and led her to a lounge. After setting out a tea set he left to find his king. Odric searched through the house looking in every room he came across. After searching for a few minutes Odric finds Gilgamesh resting with his wing draped over Verina. Odric stood beside the bed and gently shook Gilgamesh's shoulder.

My king, I'm sorry to wake you but there is someone here to talk to you.
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Thu May 02, 2013 1:02 am

Gilgamesh awoke with a jolt. His eyes darted across the room and he was tense. After a brief moment, he regained his senses. That's right. He had a new home. There was no reason to be on guard, especially with his Rook and Queen here. He arose from the bed, hovering off the floor slightly, stretching his body and his wings. After yawning, he lands and points at the thing Verina lay on.

That thing is great. I've never slept so well.

He stretched again briefly before Odric's words took meaning in his head.

For me?

There was no one he could think of that would come here to find him. There were very few individuals here even aware of his existence. The Winged King immediately thought of the guards. Were they here to arrest him again? It didn't matter. He'd learned that Kings had certain rights here. He would not be arrested for self-defense. It was time to clear this all up.

Okay... Let's go see what that want.

Gilgamesh folded his wings behind him and waited for Odric to show him the way.
    Magnate Sue
    Magnate Sue
    Rook

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Magnate Sue Thu May 02, 2013 1:12 am

Laughing to himself at Gilgamesh's comment about the bed, Odric took Gilgamesh to were Konstanze sat in the lobby.

Konstanze, may I introduce Gilgamesh, my king. Gilgamesh this is Konstanze von Liechtenstein, the daughter and rook of the current strongest king. She would like to speak to you about the kings game regulations and the proper procedures of participating.

Odric moved over to the table and refilled Konstanze's cup and then pored some tea into another cup and placed it onto the table for Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Thu May 02, 2013 1:23 am

Konstanze remained seated, drinking from the cup she was presented. With her eyes closed, she gritted her teeth slightly.

You're misinformed. My father is not the Strongest King. We are willfully in his service. This is why I'm here. King Gilgamesh, I am not aware of you. You have not yet registered with the Council. You need to do that in order to be recognized. Also, your Piece here was caught disturbing the peace. When ordered to stop, he persisted. Since you are his King, his actions reflect you. This adds to your own crimes. How do you plead to this?

Konstanze remained seated. She'd sent the guards to take the prisoner to the King's dungeon where he would stand trial. She'd also sent word to her father about her investigation, as well as requesting backup. Any moment now, there would be a dozen armed guards outside waiting.
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Thu May 02, 2013 1:31 am

Gilgamesh sleepily followed Odric. By the time they arrived in the room, he was fully awake. As he entered the room, he saw the woman. Before he could say anything, his Rook has introduced him and the woman, named Konstanze something really long, began barraging him with accusations. The Winged King sighed and extended his wings, sitting with a chuckle. He was becoming used to how the people around here behaved. They all had some sense of importance they felt the need to push off on others.

Well... Which one is it?

He moved his right wing to block the bright sun shining through the window. He then continued to address their... guest.

You called me King Gilgamesh, but said I needed to do something to be recognized as a King. If that's true, then I'm not a King. So why would his actions reflect on me? I have not been here long. I will become King just as my mother said. I have been learning more and more since coming here. If I have any crimes, it would be from those guards. Why is it a crime to defend yourself? Is that disturbing the peace too? These "crimes" make no sense.
    Magnate Sue
    Magnate Sue
    Rook

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Magnate Sue Thu May 02, 2013 1:34 am

Odric cringed at Gilgamesh's statement. It was exactly the response he had feared he looked to Konstanze to see her reply.

Please don't turn into a big mess.

Thought Odric. Leaning over Odric whispered into Gilgamesh's ear.

While visiting my old home I was ambushed by an assassin and defended myself. However, Konstanze here appeared before any blows were exchanged and ordered us to cease all actions. I am being arrested because I fought the assassin when he assaulted me.
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Thu May 02, 2013 1:46 am

Konstanze raised an eyebrow. There was a slight visible expression of shock on her face. This man... he had wings. A winged man as a King and a living corpse for a piece? He'd also had a run in with the guards? Why wasn't she made aware of this?! She couldn't figure it out. He even dared to speak to her in such a manner. Still, she remained calm. She had to gain the upper hand in this situation. Regardless of where this Gilgamesh was from, he was quite sharp. She would have to be careful about bringing up the charges against Odric, since he was only defending himself as well. Wait... that was it.

You're quite clever. It goes both ways I'm afraid. I can't help but admire your wings. They are quite beautiful. I've never seen anyone with wings before. You stated you haven't been here long, yet you're in the Godfrey manor. If you could tell me what your relationship to the Godreys is and where you're from, I'm sure we could clear this up.

Konstanze could easily guess that he would not yield to idle threats. Odric had said so before they made the journey here. With that undead creature at his side and the unknown quantity of the King himself, she would be fool-hearty to trigger open aggression without any backup. This situation was compounded further due to their location. The Godfrey family was very well known.
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Thu May 02, 2013 1:52 am

Gilgamesh couldn't help but feel a bit proud. He was being praised after all.

I've learned that you call my original home the Black Forest. That is where I am "from". As far as this place goes, this is my Queen's home and she has made it our home too. I'm glad we can get this cleared up. What do I need to do so everyone knows I'm King and stops bothering me?
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Thu May 02, 2013 2:03 am

Konstanze immediately rose from her seat and slammed her hands on the table.

Impossible!

He was from the Black Forest? Someone was actually capable of surviving in that hell hole?! Entire Sets have wandered there and never returned. It's filled with nightmarish creatures. Yet, here he was. Even more so, his wings may suggest he wasn't human himself. He had an abomination as a piece and now he'd made Verina Godfrey his Queen?! She was well aware of the Godfrey's history.

That Godfrey girl. She was always so intent on rebuilding her family name! Many have tried to get her to serve as a Piece. She won't choose just any King to serve. There's something very off-putting here...

Konstanze would need to report this immediately. A new King, from the Black Forest no less. He was a natural King's Candidate, the first known one in decades. He has a zombie for a Rook and Verina Godfrey as his Queen. This was trouble. This was nothing but trouble.

I'm sorry. That's just quite a surprise. Do not worry, King Gilgamesh. I'll make sure everyone is aware of you and register you myself. Please. Excuse me.

With a quick bow, Konstanze saw herself to the door. She needed to immediately cancel her call for backup. Her father would need to be informed as well. If her backup arrived, this would only get ugly. A King's Candidate from the Black Forest with an undead Rook and Verina Godfrey as his Queen. He may very well already possess the power to challenge full sets. The requested backup would win them nothing. She quickly exited the premises, hurrying to report to her father of what she's learned.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 pm