Gate of Kings

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gate of Kings

The Gate holds Untold Secrets for the Proven King...

2 posters

the Knight and Bishop seem sub-par

Magnate Sue
    Magnate Sue
    Rook

Character sheet
    Health:
    the Knight and Bishop seem sub-par Left_bar_bleue260/260the Knight and Bishop seem sub-par Empty_bar_bleue  (260/260)
    Level: 1

the Knight and Bishop seem sub-par Empty the Knight and Bishop seem sub-par

Post by Magnate Sue Wed May 01, 2013 12:18 am

just looking over the abilities of the separate pieces and noticed that there wasn't really anything special about knights and bishops besides their stats. The queen gets 10% damage increase, the pawn gets promotion, and the rook gets 10% damage reduction, immune to critical hits, and castling. But the knight and bishop just sit there with there with plain stats. If I was a pawn promoting I would skip over the knight and bishop in preference to having the additional abilities of the other pieces. A suggestion for the knight could be that they get a third action when they act, representing their speed. And something for the bishop could be multicasting were they can use two magic abilities in the same action.
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:
    the Knight and Bishop seem sub-par Left_bar_bleue600/600the Knight and Bishop seem sub-par Empty_bar_bleue  (600/600)
    Level: N/A

the Knight and Bishop seem sub-par Empty Re: the Knight and Bishop seem sub-par

Post by Gilgamesh Wed May 01, 2013 12:45 am

Okay... Were you on BEG? Cuz that's straight from BEG lol.

Knights and Bishops are the more advanced pieces. I also wanted the pieces to reflect their roles in chess. I'm considering giving Kings the ability to heal their pieces for 50% of their Intelligence, but not themselves. Anyway, if you don't know the game of chess, Knights can move in an L shape in any direction. They just have to move in that L shape. They're the only piece able to jump over other pieces. They're assassins. They jump in, take out a piece and jump out.

I just looked back at the Knight to read and see what you found lacking. I apologize. Maybe it was in editing or something, but their ability seems to be missing. Knights critical attacks actually do 60% bonus damage and "wound" the target, reducing their Endurance and Wisdom by 5% each. I now totally understand your point. Without that, Knights would be pretty bland lol. Again, techs also come into play here.

Bishops, on the other hand, are as they're intended to be. You won't think a Bishop is sub-par, especially as a Rook, while you're fighting a Knight, think you have the upper hand, only to be immobilized by the Bishop and now receiving those devastating criticals from the Knight who is also peeling through your defenses. Or consider fighting an overwhelming Queen. This Queen is the key piece to the opposing Sets entire strategy. You corner them and almost defeat them, but they barely escape. You chase. You catch up only to be trapped by the Bishop. The trap is a barrier that reflects damage back to whoever deals it and takes a part of that damage dealt and stores it. That stored damaged is then transferred to an enemy or an ally, harming the enemy and healing the ally. While you and your pieces are trying to figure out how to deal with that trap and destroy it before it destroys you, the Bishop is also healing the Queen you all worked so hard to take down. Bishop just turned the tide of the entire Set Match with two actions.

Magnate Sue
    Magnate Sue
    Rook

Character sheet
    Health:
    the Knight and Bishop seem sub-par Left_bar_bleue260/260the Knight and Bishop seem sub-par Empty_bar_bleue  (260/260)
    Level: 1

Post by Magnate Sue Wed May 01, 2013 12:47 am

Ok now I understand. I didn't read the bishop entry carefully enough lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:32 am