Gate of Kings

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gate of Kings

The Gate holds Untold Secrets for the Proven King...

2 posters

Family Heirloom

Magnate Sue
    Magnate Sue
    Rook

Character sheet
    Health:
    Family Heirloom  Left_bar_bleue260/260Family Heirloom  Empty_bar_bleue  (260/260)
    Level: 1

Family Heirloom  Empty Family Heirloom

Post by Magnate Sue Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:40 pm

Odric trudged through the cemetery that had once been his responsibility to maintain. In the distance he could still see the chard remains of what had once been his house now nothing more that a monument to his cursed existence. Quickly averting his gaze from the painful site Odric focused his attention upon his goal, a large sepulcher. His family name was carved over the stone above the doorway "Malfegor." Odric approached the door and with a grunt pulled the door open. The sound of the door scratching across the floor echoed down in the tomb. Odric grabbed a torch from the wall and descended down the stairs. After a brief decent Odric found himself in the main chamber. The bodies of his ancestors lay in peace upon their stone platforms. Odric swiftly moved towards a large stone statue in the back. The statue looked like that of a sorrowful saint standing, crying in anguish. In the saint's hands rested a massive zweihandler that had a chain attached to its pommel. The chain extended down and then back up to an open shackle resting on the saint's neck. Odric solemnly looked the saint in the face,

Forgive me ancestors

Odric resolutely reached up and grabbed the hilt of the sword. With a sharp pull he removed the sword from the statue's hold. Putting the sword on end Odric examined the sword closely. The blade, if you could call it one, was little more than a solid piece of metal with a wedge on one side that reached from the ground to Odric's waist, obviously the sword was meant more to crush that cut. The sword had no hand guard but simply had the metal hilt wrapped in tanned hide and reaching the top of Odric's head from where it protruded from the solid metal blade. The shackle had no key hole to unlock it if the shackle was to be locked and carved in the front were runes in a strange language Odric did not understand. Odric took the shackle and placed it around his neck, locking it tight. Odric turned from the statue while also placing the sword upon his shoulder and walked out of the sepulcher and back to the cemetery.
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:
    Family Heirloom  Left_bar_bleue600/600Family Heirloom  Empty_bar_bleue  (600/600)
    Level: N/A

Family Heirloom  Empty Re: Family Heirloom

Post by Gilgamesh Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:47 pm

You... You were in my Queen's home. You're also the only other being I've met since coming here that seems to know the value of silence.

Gilgamesh sat perched upon a mausoleum, enjoying the night air. Being so used to the serenity of the Black Forest, such as it was, he found the drastic change in the atmosphere of the outside world overwhelming at times. Soon he would need to return to his Queen. For now, he just wanted some time alone.

I am Gilgamesh. Can you tell me? What is this place? Why is it so quiet when everything else is so loud? Is this also someone's special place?

The Winged King drifted from his perch from the angled steeple and extended his left hand.
    Magnate Sue
    Magnate Sue
    Rook

Character sheet
    Health:
    Family Heirloom  Left_bar_bleue260/260Family Heirloom  Empty_bar_bleue  (260/260)

Post by Magnate Sue Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:55 pm

Odric gazed with half opened eyes at the figure of the winged boy. Taking in a deep breath he proceeded in answering the boy's question

This land once belonged to me and my family. Here I took the dead loved ones of those from the village near by and around the neighboring areas and laid them to rest in the ground. Each of these cut stones and these buildings houses those dead loved ones. I tended to this land and preserved the tombs so the loved ones who were still alive could come here and honor and cherish the memories of the dead.

Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:
    Family Heirloom  Left_bar_bleue600/600Family Heirloom  Empty_bar_bleue  (600/600)

Post by Gilgamesh Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:11 pm

Gilgamesh looked at the palm of his hand and withdrew it. He turned, taking in the scenery.

A place for the dead...

He'd never heard of such a thing. Still... It was peaceful... quiet... and still. All the same, this was the territory of this man. Yet, he stated that others were allowed to come here. That was oddly familiar to him. It reminded him of his Queen. It reminded him of Verina. She'd openly welcomed himself and others, including this man, into her home and offered meals. He was also a kind one. Turning to face the man, he had a gentle smile on his face.

That is respectable. You bring them here and tend to them. That makes you a sort of guardian, right? Earlier, you were at my Queen's home. Does that mean you have given up your post here as guardian, or are there others?
    Magnate Sue
    Magnate Sue
    Rook

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Magnate Sue Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:17 pm

Odric looked over to were the remains of his house lay. A look of profound sadness, a face that looked to be crying but could not shed tears, played across his face.

No. No I didn't give up on being the guardian here. Rather it was taken from me along with my family in a ritual that turned me into a monster.

Odric solemnly turned to the winged youth.

I'm sorry I'm getting all moody on you its just it happened a short while ago and the wound is still fresh.
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:30 pm

Gilgamesh' face softened.

I'm all too familiar with the pain of loss. My mother has been missing for some time now. I don't think she's dead. She was too strong for that. Still... I miss her. If only I was strong then like I am now...

Noticing the man's expressions after he looked off in one direction, he began to understand. He folded his wings behind him and placed a heavy hand on the man's shoulder, followed by two pats.

I do not know what a "ritual" is. So I cannot give your family back to you. I can make you a guardian again. You will protect me, my Queen and our home. You'll become a guardian, I will gain a guardian and I can give you the power so that nothing else is taken from you again. Would you do this? Would you fight as my Rook?
    Magnate Sue
    Magnate Sue
    Rook

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Magnate Sue Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:38 pm

Odric looked to the winged youth again and a smile cracked across his face.

You know, you remind me of my oldest son. Not to bright of the world but knowledgeable in the matters of the heart. If you will help me punish the man who did this to me then I would gladly follow you and lend you my body as a shield. But before you do that I want to be frank with you as to what I am. You see I am what is known as a zombie, one whose body has died but whose will caries on in the body. I feel not the cloths on my back or the wind on my face. Nor the chill of night or the warmth of your hand upon my shoulder. I'm an abomination of existence. Do you still want me?[b]
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:52 pm

Gilgamesh held a puzzled look on his face. He didn't understand. The man spoke of odd things. Bracing himself for a similar impact as with Verina, he decided it was best to bring out his power quickly. The blue flames engulfed them both. It pulsated momentarily before withdrawing within the Winged King's body.

Other than Verina, you're the only one to have treated me differently because I have wings. This... "zombie" you speak of, I do not know what it is. It doesn't concern me. Rook. As far as my concerns of what you are goes, that is it. You're my Rook.

He removed his hand from the man's shoulder and gazed at it. He didn't feel nearly as drained as he did after doing the same with Verina. Was it because he was expecting it, because he'd improved or because Verina was his Queen? Regardless, he now had a Queen and a Rook. The pieces of his Set were growing.

Mother used to always tell me, "If you dwell too much on the sadness of the past, you shame the happiness." I didn't know what it meant at the time, but I realized it after she was gone. Maybe that will help you too. I'll be returning home now. I've learned as much as I wish to about the outside world for now. Before that, tell me, what is the name of my guardian?
    Magnate Sue
    Magnate Sue
    Rook

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Magnate Sue Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:59 pm

Odric felt the power surge through him. The sensation was similar to when he had become a zombie but it didn't hurt this time. Odric looked to his new king.

Names Odric. If you're going back I may as well, already got what I came here for.

Odric motioned to the large sword he was carrying on his shoulders.

If'n yer hungry I can rustle up some food when we get back.
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Odric...

Gilgamesh spread his wings, preparing to take flight. He cast one more look to the sky. It was always a challenge to reach the tops of the trees in order to view the sky from the Black Forest. He enjoyed the ease at which he could see it now. Though his new home was with Verina, and now Odric, it was oddly comforting to have something to remind him of his former home, no matter where he was.

I'm not hungry just yet. Besides, if I keep letting others feed me, I'll forget how to hunt and feed myself. I'll see you back home, Odric.

With that, Gilgamesh and ascended and began flying towards the more crowded areas. As he was simply returning home, there was no urgency. He instead chose to fly at a leisurely pace.
    Magnate Sue
    Magnate Sue
    Rook

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Magnate Sue Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:12 pm

Odric watched the winged figure fly off. Satisfied with his day Odric trudged off back to the mansion.

I should start practicing with this sword. [b]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:47 pm