Gate of Kings

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gate of Kings

The Gate holds Untold Secrets for the Proven King...

3 posters

Question about character making

Realhasyir
    Realhasyir

Character sheet
    Health:
    Question about character making Left_bar_bleue120/120Question about character making Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
    Level: 1

Question about character making Empty Question about character making

Post by Realhasyir Fri May 31, 2013 12:45 pm

I noticed on the others post of their character . They all had a very epic backstory . Though , can i make one without the backstory . Just a simple description on how the character look and his weapon or somesorts ?
    thng
    thng

Character sheet
    Health:
    Question about character making Left_bar_bleue120/120Question about character making Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)

Question about character making Empty Re: Question about character making

Post by thng Fri May 31, 2013 6:46 pm

Though you'd have to ask the admin himself(Gilgamesh), I think you need at least a basic backstory so that you can't just make stuff up on the spot. Doesn't even have to be fancy, just something.
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:
    Question about character making Left_bar_bleue600/600Question about character making Empty_bar_bleue  (600/600)
    Level: N/A

Post by Gilgamesh Fri May 31, 2013 8:07 pm

No. You don't necessarily need a back story. Some like to tell everything, some don't. I like to give a general back story in order to give an idea of my characters mannerisms and stuff to help with immersion. But, once again, you don't have to.
    Realhasyir
    Realhasyir

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Realhasyir Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:55 am

Oh oh . Can make a character based on an anime / games ???
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:
    Question about character making Left_bar_bleue600/600Question about character making Empty_bar_bleue  (600/600)
    Level: N/A

Post by Gilgamesh Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:24 am

I advise against it, as people often get bored with those characters quickly, but you can. Just remember, it costs retcon tokens, which will be added soon, to change your character. So you can base it on an anime or manga, just make it your own. Don't want to pick, let's say Hitsugaya from Bleach, since he's a popular one. Someone might pick him because they've thought about what he could've done in a fight against someone or was impressed with one of his fights. However, once they do that, or even worse, if they tried it on someone and it didn't work, then they're quick to get rid of them because it wasn't actually their character, y'know?
    Realhasyir
    Realhasyir

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Realhasyir Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:28 am

Okay i see . I'll try to think up of an orignal character . We can choose any ability right ? Lets say hitsugaya . Since he use ice in bleach right . Can i make its ability different from in bleach ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content