Gate of Kings

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gate of Kings

The Gate holds Untold Secrets for the Proven King...

4 posters

Recurring Boredom

thng
    thng

Character sheet
    Health:
    Recurring Boredom Left_bar_bleue120/120Recurring Boredom Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
    Level: 1

Recurring Boredom Empty Recurring Boredom

Post by thng Sat May 11, 2013 4:06 am

Once again, Zephyr was bored. There was some commotion earlier in the day, but when Zephyr arrived at the scene he could see nothing too much out of the ordinary. So he returned back to the house where he was receiving free shelter and 3 square meals. Looking back on it, it was quite a well-paying job with benefits. Still, he was bored again, so he left a note and walked out the door.
    The Hermit

Character sheet
    Health:
    Recurring Boredom Left_bar_bleue120/120Recurring Boredom Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)

Recurring Boredom Empty Re: Recurring Boredom

Post by The Hermit Sun May 19, 2013 6:03 pm

The Hermit marched silently through the somewhat crowded streets of the big city. Though moving silently, even in his hulking armor, had become second nature to him, the people still paused and stared momentarily as he marched by. It was obvious he didn't fit in with the people, but he didn't care at all. Of all things since returning to the world of men, this was the one thing he found comforting. It reminded him of the Black Forest. When he prowled their twisted lanes and endless paths, only the mightiest of creatures dared to challenge him. The others shied away.

What? You still don't see him?

It's your fault! We should have left long ago!

Hey! He could've come back!

The hawk swooped down from the skies. It cast a massive shadow over the people. They shrieked in terror, thinking creatures from beyond the cities border had somehow managed to make it into the capitol. The hawk landed on The Hermit's shoulder. Its wingspan was enormous, scraping the walls of buildings on both sides of it. The wings even carved into the ground, demonstrating the steel like feathers the creature possessed, while it had perched upon its companion's shoulders. One talon on each shoulder, the hawk tucked its wings away. The Hermit extended his left arm upwards, allowing his had to find and pat the side of his friend's face.

They're scared of you.

They should be. I'm hungry.

The duo continued down the street, ignoring the slight commotion they were causing.
    The Hermit

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by The Hermit Sun May 19, 2013 10:00 pm

The person he was searching for wasn't around here.

Geez... how much trouble could he get into in such a short time?

Well, how much could you?

The hermit froze and looked straight up to his hawk friend. The large bird was already staring down at him. If it was possible to smirk with a beak, the hawk had just found it. The realization startled The Hermit and he dashed at full speed down the alley. The hawk took to the skies again. Demonstrating his agility, he began leaping from building to building. Within moments, he was running and hopping along the rooftops.

Find him! Quick!

The duo left the area, moving towards the more crowded areas of the city.
    Ahri
    Ahri

Post by Ahri Sun May 19, 2013 10:16 pm

Ahri was jumping around the city like a big playground. She was searching, huntin' for a dollar... That's when she saw something absolutely amazing, that made her stop in her tracks on the rooftop she'd climbed onto. A giant bird! Bigger than she'd ever seen before! She chased to where it was heading as fast as she could, jumping from rooftop to rooftop with catlike grace. When she found what seemed to be it's destination, she gasped at the sight of people that seemed to be talking to the hawk. In her distraction she tripped, and was sent spiraling towards the floor. She crashed hard where the man that had taken off with the bird was standing. She bounced 3 times, flailing about trying to ragdoll and loosen up. When she stopped falling, she immediately jumped onto all fours. She had a determined stare, like she didn't actually make a mistake.

...I lost it.

All nine of her tails wagged about violently as she glared into the distance at the retreating shadow of the legendary bird. Then, when she lost sight of it, she yawned and scratched behind her fox like ears. She looked to the person the Hawk man was talking to.

My butt hurts.
    thng
    thng

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by thng Sun May 19, 2013 10:38 pm

Right as soon as the man cloaked in black took off, another person immediately landed right where the man was standing, causing Zephyr to immediately take two steps back. Due to his insane curiosity and boredom, and against his better judgment, he walked up to the woman.

"Um... yeah, I'm guessing that WOULD hurt, you just fell from several stories!"

Regaining his posture, Zephyr asked another question.

"Do you need medical attention? Is there anything I can help you with?"
    Ahri
    Ahri

Post by Ahri Sun May 19, 2013 10:45 pm

Ahri had just about calmed down from her hardcore parkour when she heard a voice behind her. She'd assumed it was another bird and spun on her heels and pounced without thinking, lunging towards the man.

EN GUARD, BIRDMAN!

Ahir's tails wagged in the wind as she gracefully soared through the air with all of her might. She was confident she could take the man down if she hit him.
    smartfox93
    smartfox93

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by smartfox93 Sun May 19, 2013 10:56 pm

Gray was walking through the backstreets of the capitol and it surprised him how much had changed. Suddenly he heard a loud thud coming from one of the alleyways. When he got to the source of the commotion, He saw a young man and woman around his age, and the woman looked like she was ready to pounce.

"Is there something wrong here?"

Gray was on guard as he confronted the two.
    thng
    thng

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by thng Sun May 19, 2013 11:00 pm

The woman suddenly turned around and coiled up like she was going to pounce at him. Suddenly, a man looking to be in his 40s turned the corner.

"Is there something wrong here?"

"I don't know! You'd have to ask her, she's the one who looks like she's going to attack me!

As the woman launched herself into the air, Zephyr created a gust to push her back.

Ahri
    Ahri

Post by Ahri Sun May 19, 2013 11:13 pm

Halfway through Ahri's jump, she felt herself pushed bacj by nothing! What the deuce?! She couldn't understand this method of attack, so when she landed on all fours she decided that instead of fight the invisible foe, she'd need to learn more about it! She moved briskly to the newcomer, hiding behind him.

This man is a liar and a fiend! He was telling me he was going to make me do stuff that I didn't want to do or he'd kill me!

Ahri's voice was high pitched and convincing. She could even feel tears running down her face to add to her acting ability.

Please, mister, don't let him hurt me!
    smartfox93
    smartfox93

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by smartfox93 Sun May 19, 2013 11:21 pm

Gray narrowed his eyes as the fox girl jumped behind him, while keeping his guard up. Gray changed back to his youthful appearance and then spoke with a harshness.

"Really? Cuz from what I saw here this person tried his best not to do that. I don't know how this fight started, but I can tell you know it's over..."

Gray smiled now as he spoke.

"So there shouldn't be anymore problems, right?"
    thng
    thng

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by thng Sun May 19, 2013 11:26 pm

Zephyr sighed. If the man had guessed wrong, he would be in a much worse position right now. Zephyr used this as leverage.

"Now then miss, since you've attacked me, would you mind answering my original question?"

At the same time, Zephyr summoned some wind to block the exits.
    Ahri
    Ahri

Post by Ahri Sun May 19, 2013 11:33 pm

Ahri's lies had been seen through immediately, and she had no idea how. She plopped onto her aching bum, much like a child and cried out loudly.

You don't know! You weren't there! You people are baddies! Trying to gang up on Ahri...

Ahri was throwing a tantrum, much like a child would. Her tails wrapped around her body and she buried her face into the soft fur. She'd forgotten that she'd actually meant this as a ploy, and was actually buying into her own sadness. It was truly the height of acting ability, to immerse herself in her role so much she'd forgot she was acting.

Why are people so mean to Ahri... She just want to make friends and be fun and play tag...
    The Hermit

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by The Hermit Sun May 19, 2013 11:40 pm

An arrow fired into the ground in front of the man questioning the fox girl. There was the shrill shriek of the hawk and its growing shadow. The Hermit landed on the ground, with his back to the wall, facing towards the three of them. The arrow remained in the ground in between them. His armor was hidden beneath his cloak entirely, but the bow could be seen sticking from beneath it.

Unhand that pretty little lady you brutes!

The hawks shadow almost blacked out the sun as it hovered overhead. The ground around the arrow begin to crack. The cracks slowly creeped outwards in all directions.

Such a sad day when a helpless young lady sheds tears. Well I say unto you, nay! Not while I am here! I am a champion of love! A hero of peace! Your silly rules matter not to me! One thing rings true. You made her cry! And that's just low....

The Hermit took two steps outward, waving his right hand, which was free.

Away! Away with you vile cretins! Lest I deal swift justice to you!
    smartfox93
    smartfox93

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by smartfox93 Sun May 19, 2013 11:54 pm

Gray's eyes grew cold. There was a strange man shouting nonsense he couldn't understand and old memories flowing into his head. Gray grasped his hand for a minute, but his old instincts started to kick in.

Gray ran towards the hostile birdman and quickly ended up in front of him. Then Gray quickly pulled out a concealed dagger hidden in the sleeve of his left arm and while running shouted.

"Can you explain to me your sudden hostility to me one more time, I didn't quite hear it over the whistling of your arrow?!
    The Hermit

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by The Hermit Mon May 20, 2013 12:00 am

You vile cretin! Unhand me! You hath proven that you only understand violence! I shall match you all the same!

Vines erupted from the ground, surrounding the man and encasing him. The vines continued to spread and entangle around him until not even light could come in or go out. Barbs and thorns sprang out along the vines and then began twisting and constricting.

And what of you, villain?! Will you continue this futile attempt as well or will you embrace love and peace?!
    smartfox93
    smartfox93

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by smartfox93 Mon May 20, 2013 1:22 am

Gray was startled by the vines bursting out of the ground and coiling around his legs. Gray quickly changed his shape into that of an eagle to escape the vines, while dropping his dagger in the process putting some distance between him and the birdman before changing back. Gray remained on guard, but he knew he had to be careful. Those vines sudden intervention had given Gray some time to get back to himself, but he wouldn't be able to end this fight peacefully now... he would just hold his ground for now.
    thng
    thng

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by thng Mon May 20, 2013 1:35 am

Zephyr was becoming increasingly annoyed by this fight. It shouldn't be happening, and came about out of a misunderstanding. It was growing tenser by the second. He'd had enough. He summoned a hot air current beneath both of them to lift them into the air so he could put a word in.

"I've had enough. If you two would stop fighting, I could explain how this situation came to be. It's mostly a large misunderstanding. Then, if you still feel the urge to, you can keep on fighting."
    The Hermit

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by The Hermit Mon May 20, 2013 1:00 pm

The current of air only served to blow The Hermit's cloak out of the way. He was now beyond angry with the two men. They had no idea who they were dealing with! He would not hear their words now. They would be nothing but shallow lies! The Hermit had only fired a warning shot, into the ground. The first fiend attempted to rush him. Now his little buddy was trying to contain himself somehow, but it would not work!

It is unfortunate that you would choose the path of evil and seek to oppress others! You should use your gifts to spread love and peace!

The Hermit moves his right hand over his shoulder and pulls an arrow from his quiver. He takes a bead on the man and draws back his arrow.

Is that other one like you?

I doubt it. He had no companion. If he tries to do anything...

You got it. I'm starving.

The Hermit began speaking to the other man once again.

Misunderstanding? You villains know nothing but violence! The reactions of you and you partner in crime have shown me this! If it is indeed a misunderstanding, why did you not follow the ways of love and peace and use your words? Why have you attempted to attack me just as he did?!

The Hermit pulled his arrow back even further. The giant hawk screeched above them. The Hermit waved his bow slightly, gesturing towards the ground.

If you truly aren't villains, exercise love and peace now! Cease your attacks and get on your knees!
    smartfox93
    smartfox93

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by smartfox93 Mon May 20, 2013 2:13 pm

Gray was propelled upward by hot air and quickly ended up flat on his back. Even though his guard was up he didn't expect the other man's intervention. Gray got up and continued to hear the ramblings of the birdman who now had an arrow at the ready. He kept speaking of love and peace and having to bow down. If Gray was still with his family, he would not be able to do so to end this battle. However, Grey wasn't so proud as to end a battle that when he thinks about it really shouldn't have started in the first place. Gray quickly got on his knees and bowed his head at the strange birdman.

"Please, accept my apologies... I really don't know what came over me. It is really not like me to behave in such a way."

And with that Gray hoped that the issue would be resolved as he raised his head at to look at the birdman.
    Ahri
    Ahri

Post by Ahri Mon May 20, 2013 3:12 pm

Ahri was amazed by the events, but, most importantly, the bird came back! Ahri lowered her front and raised her butt, ready to pounce, her tails wagging violently. Then she jumped! Unfortunately, the hot air raised her up even more and made her flail about. Her "attack" looked more like a squirrel falling out of a tree. She came crashing down behind the caped man, hitting her head kinda hard. She sat up, a little dizzy, just in time to see the mean man on his knees apologizing. She couldn't resist the urge to stick her tongue out at him and put her thumbs in her ears.

Take that, meanies! Ahri bring justice! Cruel justice!

Ahri was feeling proud of her nonexistent contribution to the scuffle. She stood on two legs, puffing out her chest proudly.

Now the other one! Say sorry!
    thng
    thng

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by thng Mon May 20, 2013 11:21 pm

Zephyr was somewhat annoyed at the man's apology. He weighed his options, and came to a solution. Zephyr created a hot air current beneath him to carry him away. He had no need to continue this quarrel.

"I will concede to you. However, I will not beg for an apology. I have done nothing wrong. Believe what you will. I will exercise your "peace" by taking my leave now. Strange, however, that a preacher of peace has a bird of prey as a friend and a bow. Nonetheless, there was no need for this conflict, so I will be going now."

With this, he created another gust to push him in the direction of the town square.
    The Hermit

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by The Hermit Wed May 22, 2013 6:51 pm

The Hermit ignored the coward fleeing the scene. He had no time for those the refuse to face the consequences of their actions. He would remember the face though. He had no motivation to chase him now, but one day he'd find him. Then he'd know what it really meant to beg. Maintaining his grip on his arrow, The Hermit eased the tension in the line, and placed it back in his quiver. He hung the bow on his back back and began approaching the remaining man.

I say old chap! You're much better than the coward that fled. What? No!

The Hermit tossed a quick glare to his hawk friend and shook his head.

Leave him be.

But I'm so huuuuuuuuuuuungry.

The Hermit ignored the complaints as the hawk found a place to roost on the buildings.

Well then, now that all the hubbub is over. Apologize to the lady. Regardless of who started what, you seem fine old chap, while she's in tears. What happened here anyway? Why were the two of you ganging up on her?
    smartfox93
    smartfox93

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by smartfox93 Thu May 23, 2013 2:15 pm

Gray watched as the man let the wind carry him off. It was best that the fight at least ended the way it did, especially since most people wouldn't swallow their pride and apologize. Although, in all honesty Gray knew it was his fault that the fight started in the first place. Gray would continue his apology. He hurt that girl's feelings even though it was a misunderstanding, he still had to make up for it. Gray turned his head to the girl and said

"Young lady, I am deeply sorry for hurting your feelings earlier, regardless of the circumstances my behavior was unacceptable."

Gray then got up and looked at the birdman and said

"Sir, you must pardon me for this misunderstanding. I can't really speak for that other man seeing as how I don't know him, but I never came here to hurt this girl. I just happened upon these two by chance and things just got out of hand."
    The Hermit

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by The Hermit Fri May 24, 2013 2:10 am

The Hermit grinned to himself, nodding as he posed with his hands on his waist. He jutted his chest out and boastfully continued.

Think nothing of it lad! Just remember the ways of love and peace and you can never go wrong!

His hawk companion emitted a shrill cry that caught The Hermit's attention. He looked towards the colossal avian and nodded. It too to the skies and began flying off.

Now you two play nicely! Remember, love and peace!

The Hermit thrust his right hand out giving the sign for victory. He then crouched slightly and quickly sprung back to the rooftops, running along after his friend. The one they sought was close.
    smartfox93
    smartfox93

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by smartfox93 Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:41 pm

Gray watched as the strange birdman left leaping from rooftop to rooftop. That just left him and the girl. Gray had enough excitement for one day. He wasn't happy about the fight at all. Gray knew that he was the one who started it, but it was the first time in a while when he didn't feel safe, but he would figure out something to be able to protect himself better in the future. Gray looked at the girl and sighed.

"Well young lady, I once again apologize for my inappropriate behavior earlier. I'll be taking my leave now so as not to bother you any further."

With those words of parting Gray walked back into the sea of people that occupy the world capital's streets.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content