Gate of Kings

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gate of Kings

The Gate holds Untold Secrets for the Proven King...

3 posters

This is Only the Beginning

Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:
    This is Only the Beginning Left_bar_bleue600/600This is Only the Beginning Empty_bar_bleue  (600/600)
    Level: N/A

This is Only the Beginning Empty This is Only the Beginning

Post by Gilgamesh Fri May 10, 2013 4:36 pm

With a sudden boom, Gilgamesh returned to their home with his Queen and Rook. After arriving, he immediately slumped and made his way to a chair to have a seat.

That guy... is strong...

The Winged King sat, finally able to rest, exhaled loudly. He chuckled to himself, touching the still fresh scar on his cheek. His shoulders began to shake as he leaned back in the chair, hand across his face, laughing wildly. He tilted his head back, brushing his hand towards his hair revealing a glowing red eye.

So strong...

He ran over the events in his head. He now knew his target. He knew who had to kill. He ceased his maniacal laughter.

Verina, my Queen, I fought another King today. Dilcongain, what can you tell me about him? I need to teach him what my mother always taught me. He should never wound... what he can't kill.

He stared attentively at Verina, awaiting her explanation. The two of them came to his aid and fought for him. He'd yet to thank them for it. He would, but he couldn't contain his curiosity about the powerful enemy he'd faced. Konstanze no longer mattered to him beyond the insults she aimed towards Verina. He didn't need to concern himself with that, however. Verina would take care of the vile woman herself, in due time.
    Bloo
    Bloo
    Queen

Character sheet
    Health:
    This is Only the Beginning Left_bar_bleue268/268This is Only the Beginning Empty_bar_bleue  (268/268)
    Level: 1

This is Only the Beginning Empty Re: This is Only the Beginning

Post by Bloo Fri May 10, 2013 5:48 pm

Verina had a horrible frown on her face when the group disappeared. How dare Gilgamesh pull her from her prey when that woman had disrespected her and her family to such an extreme degree. She was furious. She quickly put on an apathetic face, but behind it was gritting teeth, and her fists were clenched nearly tight enough to draw blood from her palms.

'I would have been able to kill that wench...'

A sinister voice whispered to just Verina. She was starting to hear the voices that slowly drew the wielders of Oblivion insane. This one seemed powerful and particularly wicked. Verina pushed the thoughts out of her furious mind, keeping her soft facade. She couldn't let her king know her displeasure with his selfish actions. They had appeared in her study, where there were shelves of books all across the walls. Verina walked over to one and pulled it off the shelf. It was about the rise of Dilcongain, a king who was rumored to be one of the strongest ever in existence. Verina doubted that, but held the book out to Gilgamesh anyway.

"All you'd need to know about him is in there, my King. If it's alright, I'll take my leave now? I have business to attend to."

Verina stood, hiding her rage as best she could, but she wanted to leave. Feeling the tension in the room make her want to lash out, but she couldn't lash out at her own set. That one eyed witch would die by her hand, soon.
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:
    This is Only the Beginning Left_bar_bleue600/600This is Only the Beginning Empty_bar_bleue  (600/600)

Post by Gilgamesh Sat May 11, 2013 10:37 pm

Gilgamesh looked at the tome. He really didn't feel like reading. He laid the book on the table and sighed deeply.

So you're basically telling me to figure it out on my own?

The Winged King could tell she was angry. It could be between the insults she suffered, his retreating from battle or needing his help to fight Konstanze. There were two obvious things: there was some history between the one eyed woman and his Queen, and Verina was an extremely proud woman. She maybe just needed time to calm down. He needed his rest anyway. Afterwards, he needed to come up with a plan.

Sure... Just don't go after Konstanze alone. I'm almost certain she won't return the favor. Be careful out there, our number of enemies are growing.

With that, Gilgamesh stood, body aching from his one sided battle with Dilcongain, and slowly headed towards the bedrooms.

That guy... he was as strong as Mother...
    Bloo
    Bloo
    Queen

Character sheet
    Health:
    This is Only the Beginning Left_bar_bleue268/268This is Only the Beginning Empty_bar_bleue  (268/268)

Post by Bloo Sat May 11, 2013 10:44 pm

Verina bowed her head to her King, feeling almost like a child being warned about strangers on the road. She didn't show any signs of displeasure at the tone, but instead remained bowed and forced her tongue to silence itself until Gilgamesh had finished speaking.

"Yes, my King. I will return safely, I'm sure."

Verina turned on her heel swiftly, facing the door, and walked proud and tall out of it, ignoring a harsh whisper in her head.

'And you call yourself a noble...'
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Thu May 16, 2013 5:08 pm

Verina returned to her manor, pausing momentarily to look back and smile to Gray. She couldn't help but think about how many guests she's been opening her home to recently. Her forehead furrowed at the idea. While it was refreshing to be involved with people again, especially since it had already led to a confrontation with that one eyed wench, what made her open her home like this in the first place? Was it the noblesse oblige that her parents had instilled in her for so long?

'Hehehehehe... Little girl, have you ever done anything just because you wanted to and not because Mommy and Daddy said so?'

Verina was beginning to become rather annoyed with the voice. She didn't appreciate being mocked, by anyone. She forced the voice to the back of her mind and put on a gentle smile for Gray. He seemed so carefree.

"Well, here we are."

Verina opened the door to her manor and stepped in. Looking around, she noticed Odric still where Gilgamesh had brought them after their brief battle. Her eyes darted around trying to locate her King, before looking back to her newest tenant.

"Welcome to the Godfrey Manor."
    smartfox93
    smartfox93

Character sheet
    Health:
    This is Only the Beginning Left_bar_bleue120/120This is Only the Beginning Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)

Post by smartfox93 Thu May 16, 2013 6:36 pm

Gray stood there in awe. It had been awhile since he had stayed somewhere so nice. He knew that the Godfrey Manor was a decadent palace even among the nobles. Gray even thought that it was more lavish than his old home. The interior was built and furnished with the finest and rarest materials he had ever seen.

"Your manor is even more brilliant than the rumors ever described. I'm glad i got the chance to see it."

Gray looked around the inside curiously at the treasures inside giving him a sense of nostalgia of his old life. Gray then happened to notice a man resting nearby. Gray looked towards Verina with a smile on his face.

"Oh, this man, is he your king?"
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Thu May 16, 2013 7:05 pm

No. He's not...

Gilgamesh had emerged from the direction of the dining room, eating a large bird that he'd caught and cooked. It didn't have the flavor of Verina's food, but he'd have to ask her how she did that.

He's a Rook that has been acting very strangely since I saw him with that wolfman. Odric, I was coming to have a little talk with you about that, but it can wait for later.

The Winged King continued to devour the avian meal as he approached. By the time he had neared Verina and her guest, it was no more. The skeletal remains disappeared from his hand in a blackish blue glow.

Nothing like a good rest and some meat in your belly to make you feel like you're ready for anything. I am Gilgamesh.

Seeing as she brought him here, Gilgamesh assumed this to be someone his Queen must have known. As such, he suspended his normal apprehensions and extended his left hand towards the stranger.

smartfox93
    smartfox93

Character sheet
    Health:
    This is Only the Beginning Left_bar_bleue120/120This is Only the Beginning Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)

Post by smartfox93 Thu May 16, 2013 8:56 pm

Gray stood there for a moment admiring Gilgamesh's wings. He had never seen anything like them before. Gray then noticed that Gilgamesh was holding his hand out to shake. Gray quickly coughed and shook Gilgamesh's hand

"I'm sorry, where are my manners? It is a pleasure to meet you Gilgamesh, My name is Gray. I take it if that man over there isn't Verina's king, then you must be the one fortunate enough to call Verina here your comrade, and I must say that there is a magnificent pair of wings you've got there."

Gray smiled earnestly at Gilgamesh as their hands parted. He was curious about this man. It was given that he was strong just by the way he held himself. Gray wanted to know more about this winged king.
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Thu May 16, 2013 9:20 pm

That's me. Verina is my Queen.

The man complimented his wings. That was a rare occurrence indeed. He'd become accustomed to people gawking or insulting him for them. Gilgamesh fought the urge to flap his wings and continued on.

Thank you Gray. My mother always told me they were a gift to me and I should always be proud of them. You'd be surprised how many insults I've received because of them since coming here.

The Winged King glanced towards Verina, somewhat confused.

You're normally not so quiet. Are you still mad about that?

Verina returned Gilgamesh' gaze and responded.

"I just have a lot on my mind right now. Excuse me."

Gilgamesh nodded to his Queen and she hastily exited, heading upstairs in the massive house. Sighing to himself, he continued speaking with Gray.

Sorry about that. I think she's still mad at me for fighting Dilcongain. I hope she doesn't stay mad at me, because I plan on doing it again. Me and him still have some things to settle...
    smartfox93
    smartfox93

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by smartfox93 Thu May 16, 2013 9:45 pm

Gray watched as Verina left the room. He had been worried about her for awhile. He hoped that she would be okay. Then Gilgamesh spoke.

"Sorry about that. I think she's still mad at me for fighting Dilcongain. I hope she doesn't stay mad at me, because I plan on doing it again. Me and him still have some things to settle..."

Gray's eye widened in shock. He couldn't believe what he had just heard. Gilgamesh fought Dilcongain... not only that, but he lived as well. Gray had heard the rumors of the strongest king being merciless in battle. Gilgamesh coming back alive was no small feat.

"You fought Dilcongain? You sir are quite impressive. I don't think I would ever be foolhardy enough to attempt such a feat. You must be remarkably strong. It's no wonder that you are Verina's king."

Gray smiled at Gilgamesh still in awe at the man that stood before him. Gray thought to himself.

Could he be the one I've been looking for? I guess only time will tell...

Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Thu May 16, 2013 10:13 pm

Not strong enough. He's the second person I've ever met that was stronger than me, but it won't happen the same way next time.

Gilgamesh glanced towards Odric. He'd been acting weird for quite some time. It was every since he'd arrived to help him with those enemies. His Rook kept rude friends that would not so much as even speak. There was the one that kept asking questions about him, but also would not speak directly to him. When he chose Odric as his Rook, the Winged King was still ignorant to the ways of the outside world. He knew nothing of deception. That, however, had changed considerably. Had he been too trusting with this man? He said he needed a purpose, something to protect. Yet he seemed oddly battle hungry. Was he changing due to being whatever a zombie was? There were many questions that needed to be answered. Even now he was like his rude friends, not addressing his King, Queen or their guest.

So Gray, how do you know Verina? And why does everyone surprised that she is my Queen? Do I come across as an unworthy King?

He led Gray further into the house, towards the dining area.
    smartfox93
    smartfox93

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by smartfox93 Thu May 16, 2013 10:30 pm

Gray smiled at Gilgamesh's question. It became clear that he was unaware of his queen's reputation.

"Oh no, not at all, It is just that Verina is so strong and she wouldn't acknowledge just anyone as her king. Therefore, it is only reasonable for people who know her like myself to be shocked at her becoming someone's queen. To answer your other question, I've known Verina for a long time. We're friends from childhood. We were even arranged to be married at one point, but that's another story altogether."

Gray rubbed his head as he answered Gilgamesh's question, but he had some of his own.

"That leads me to my next point, How did you meet Verina? It obvious to see that you are not from these parts, so I can't imagine how you two would've meet, but maybe that's just because i'm unimaginative..."
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Thu May 16, 2013 11:07 pm

Gilgamesh had arrived to the table. He was learning his way around his new home quite well. Holding his response until he was seated, he walked around the table and found the chair he'd sat in when Verina first prepared a meal for him. He leaned forward with his elbows on the table and his chin in his hands.

So much has happened since then that it seems so long ago.

He extends his wings in order to sit more comfortably. Gilgamesh then gestures Gray to have a seat as well. He casts his eyes upwards for a moment as if thinking about it.

It was only a month past, but I'd come here and my wings were insulted by the guard. They began grabbing at them and I defended myself. They then tried to arrest me. I ended up flying right through her window. One thing led to another after that.

He had no idea what "marry" was, but Gray had given him two very valuable pieces of information. Verina was well known. Konstanze had acted in a similar fashion and left after hearing she was his Queen. There was also the incident with the guard. It would explain why they were also left alone when at home. Just like that, so much made sense. Her King had to be someone worthy and he'd allowed himself to be seen in such a weak state. He'd disgraced her. Gilgamesh would have to make sure to make it up to her and not allow that to happen again. That was just another reason he had to kill Dilcongain.

Speaking of Dilcongain, Gray assumed Gilgamesh to be strong for facing him. Was it due to his enemies normally not surviving the such an encounter? That only makes him worry for his mother and Amaunet even more. Dilcongain... The more he learned of him, the less he liked.

Thank you. That explains a lot though. You say the two of your were arranged to be... married? Does that mean you're strong like her? Were you supposed to be her King?
    smartfox93
    smartfox93

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by smartfox93 Thu May 16, 2013 11:26 pm

Gray sat down across from Gilgamesh after he had motioned him to take a seat. He soon learned of Gilgamesh's crash landing into Verina's manor after being chased by the guards. It had sounded like quite the event. What Gilgamesh asked next however, caught Gray completely off guard.

"Thank you. That explains a lot though. You say the two of your were arranged to be... married? Does that mean you're strong like her? Were you supposed to be her King?"

Gray became flushed and almost didn't know how to answer.

"W... We... Well you see, the thing is... When two people get married, they make a commitment to each other and raise a family... I guess another way to put it is like when animals in the wild search for their mate, the only difference is that unlike most animals, the two people getting married become mates for life... i suppose..."

Gray exhaled deeply, then scratched his cheek lightly. Answering Gilgamesh's question was exhausting for him and Gray was never good about things of this nature. When he learned about "the birds and the bees" from his father , as well as the arranged marriage, Gray couldn't talk to Verina for a week out of sheer embarrassment.
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Thu May 16, 2013 11:55 pm

Oh... gross.

Gilgamesh could only think of the bizarre, and often deadly, mating habits he'd witnessed within the Black Forest. When he was still a young hunter, he welcomed the mating seasons. The mating dance often left the male dead with the female weakened. That made his own efforts considerably easier. He'd responded with words he didn't even know, but they seemed appropriate. He would just make sure, when the time came, no one waited to take advantage of Verina in a weakened state.

I see. So... you don't participate in the Game of Kings? You don't exactly look defenseless yourself.

Being a born hunter and a survivalist, he was used to discerning if a being was healthy, injured, weak or strong with a simple glance. This man was obviously capable.

Let me know if I'm talking too much. I've been trying to learn as much as I can about the outside world. There have been very few people that wish to talk instead of fight. Verina is one of them, but she doesn't talk much, and it's been such a long time since I've just had someone to talk to.
    smartfox93
    smartfox93

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by smartfox93 Fri May 17, 2013 12:27 am

Gray's exhaustion faded as Gilgamesh continued to speak. He couldn't help, but smile at the winged man and his charisma.

"Oh no, not at all. It's been awhile since I've had the chance to hold a conversation as well, so your questions are welcomed. I've been travelling around the fringe lands for about a year now, so I don't usually have anyone to talk to. Also, to answer your question about the game of kings, no, i was not apart of it... my family raised me in the event of war time, not sportsmanship..."

Gray's eyes grew narrow and became distant, remembering his parents' idea of training for espionage in the event that war would break out on Terra. His family was a famous group of information brokers, It was only natural that he would be trained as a spy. Gray couldn't however, silence his emotions like a good spy like he was supposed to. He could also remember the training for the unlikely event that he was captured and tortured. His memories haunted him.

"You could say that I've been raised to follow an objective by any means necessary... so I guess I have a fair amount of skill with knives and swordplay in order to defend myself."
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Fri May 17, 2013 2:22 pm

I see.

Gilgamesh looked the man over. Something just didn't add up.

I've learned that people who have a lot, like Verina, only really involve themselves with other people that have a lot. You said she was to be your mate. Yet you also say you've been in the Fringe Lands. You're also dressed like me. Does this mean you're now following a objective by any means necessary or has something happened to your family?

His curiosity was getting the better of him. That wasn't the only thing. After so much has been going on around them, Gilgamesh has developed the urge to be concerned about those that would be involved with he and his Set.
    smartfox93
    smartfox93

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by smartfox93 Fri May 17, 2013 4:19 pm

Gray frowned at Gilgamesh's question.

"Well I left my home... My parents believe me dead. I'd rather keep it that way... In that sense you could say that I was arrested by the self-interest of my family. I gave up all the material possessions I could ever own for my freedom... and I haven't regretted that decision in the least.

Gray sighed heavily at the sudden change of the mood in the room and then made another attempt at a smile.
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Sat May 18, 2013 6:54 pm

Gilgamesh could not comprehend why someone would want to fake their own death. It's not exactly something he wished to comprehend. He was sure Gray had his reasons. Now there was another question to spring to his mind. One that caused visible shock on his face when he considered it.

Then... why are you here? I've fought Dilcongain. I plan on doing it again and defeating him. The one eyed woman named Konstanze wants us all dead. She especially doesn't like my Queen. We'll end up fighting her Set too. We got a lot of attention here. If you're trying hide, they won't be so easy here.

The Winged King thought over his words. Were they the right thing to say? He was brought here by Verina. Maybe she had some plan. She did seem to leave with a purpose.

It's not that I think you shouldn't be here. This place is pretty safe, but your secret is bound to come out if you are here, wouldn't it?
    smartfox93
    smartfox93

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by smartfox93 Sat May 18, 2013 8:45 pm

Gray smiled and then chuckled at little.

"You don't need to worry about anyone finding me, No one will ever know I'm here."

Suddenly Gray's face contorted in a mildly grotesque way into the face of Gilgamesh. Then the imitator smiled.

"You see I'm a shapeshifter. I can change my appearance any way I choose. I've been able to do so since I was young... This is actually the reason why my family trained me so hard."

Then Gray's face returned to it's original form.
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Sun May 19, 2013 8:44 pm

The eyes of the Winged King widened in momentary horror. He looks back towards the step and then towards the man called Gray.

Give me back my face!

Gilgamesh sprung from the table. Wings flapping to keep him hovering over it, his hands began to emanate a deep blue light. He wasn't one that spent much time in front of a mirror, but he'd seen his reflection in enough bodies of water to be aware of his own appearance. Seeing the man as a threat, he readied to attack when an idea forced its way into his mind and burst to the front of his thoughts. What if they'd already gotten Verina?!

So this was their plan, huh? Where is my Queen?! What have you done with Verina?!

Seething rage was evident in his eyes. He knew she was upset when she left. She never should have been allowed to go out on her own. He brought this upon her and he would make it right. He would find out what happened.

That's not her that brought you here, is it?! You've already taken her! You've.... swapped her body somehow!
    smartfox93
    smartfox93

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by smartfox93 Sun May 19, 2013 9:22 pm

Gray frowned at Gilgamesh's apprehension.

"No, that is indeed Verina... and I haven't stolen anyone's face per say, though I understand how it can be interpreted that way... I am a bit sad though, it wasn't my intent to steal your face, I thought you would just be better able to understand what it is my ability does. Oh well, no matter... I only copy appearances, I don't steal them. If you still feel uncomfortable with me after my explanation, I'll leave.

Gray sighed as he didn't want to cause any conflict when he arrived at Godfrey Manor, But he knew coming back to the capitol wasn't the best of ideas. Before he knew it, five minutes after arriving he was already causing problems.
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Sun May 19, 2013 9:55 pm

Gray's words felt upon the Winged King's ears and found his sense of reasoning. He calmed himself and his eyes dimmed. Drifting back to the floor, he picked up the chair he'd toppled only moments earlier.

I'm... I'm sorry. Verina was the first person to be kind to me other than my mother, and I've only brought her trouble. I can't let anything happen to her.

Taking his seat, yet another thought crept within his mind.

You know... Now that I think about it. I don't think they known my ability and I don't really know theirs. We'll have to talk about that.

He crept out of his head, returning his attention to Gray.

I'm still getting used to this place and how everyone is different. I used to think everyone was like me. Obviously, that's not the case. So, what are your plans now Gray?
    smartfox93
    smartfox93

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by smartfox93 Sun May 19, 2013 10:04 pm

Gray smiled as Gilgamesh's anger vanished. It was a relieve that their conflict was resolved so easily.

"Well I don't exactly know myself... I left my family and home behind me because I wanted to find my true purpose, but I'm still looking for it. I know that my power is meant for something more important than just being used to grow my family's status... I suppose for now all I can do is just be a good house guest and stay out of Verina's way, as well as a good friend and help where I'm needed.

Gray's smile grew as maybe he would find peace here in this manor.
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:

Post by Gilgamesh Sun May 19, 2013 10:41 pm

I see...

Gilgamesh arose from his seat. He gave and slight nod of his head towards Gray.

Then I'm sure I'll see to around. I've seen how much I need to improve to defeat Dilcongain. Part of that is increasing my Set.

Gilgamesh walked towards the front entrance, saying nothing to Odric as he passed. Once outside, he stretched his wings and took to the skies.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 pm