Gate of Kings

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gate of Kings

The Gate holds Untold Secrets for the Proven King...

2 posters

Can we get a little more in-depth?

Magnate Sue
    Magnate Sue
    Rook

Character sheet
    Health:
    Can we get a little more in-depth? Left_bar_bleue260/260Can we get a little more in-depth? Empty_bar_bleue  (260/260)
    Level: 1

Can we get a little more in-depth? Empty Can we get a little more in-depth?

Post by Magnate Sue Wed May 01, 2013 12:07 am

Looking around the forum I don't see any guide on calculating how stats effect our characters. I know strength improves physical attacks but I want to know the math behind the improvement so I know my damage potential. And same with how my other stats affect my character. How much dose my endurance decrease physical damage taken? If the answer to this is that it will change depending on the situation then can an explanation be provided detailing the actions taken in game and how we calculate if our actions succeeds or not with our stats?
    Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:
    Can we get a little more in-depth? Left_bar_bleue600/600Can we get a little more in-depth? Empty_bar_bleue  (600/600)
    Level: N/A

Can we get a little more in-depth? Empty Re: Can we get a little more in-depth?

Post by Gilgamesh Wed May 01, 2013 12:30 am

It's one for one. There's no point in making it complicated. Stats are one for one, BUT you have the techs that can change that. For example, as a Rook, you could create a tech that doubles your Endurance for x number of turns. A Queen, for example, may create a tech that's essentially a poison. Whenever they do certain attacks, you're poisoned and it deals maybe 5% of their Intelligence per action the poisoned target takes for a duration of 3 turns. Since they have to damage you for the poison to trigger, the poison itself isn't affected by defensive stats. So you then consider the Queen's passive of bonus damage and that stacks up.

That's why you're allowed to make your own techs that ultimately define how your character battles. You're making a tanky Rook. Imagine if the other Rook in our set was more of an offensive type? All damage they absorb, as in mitigated damage, is stored away. Whenever they want, they can, via a passive called Enrage or something, take as much from that stored amount as they want and add it to their attacks.

The intent will always, always be to add in more content, while allowing all of you to create completely unique characters. I also want the main focus of the combat system to be about Sets and teamwork, but I know there will be solo fights. This way allows the more defensive characters to actually still win against someone that's all out offense.
    Magnate Sue
    Magnate Sue
    Rook

Character sheet
    Health:
    Can we get a little more in-depth? Left_bar_bleue260/260Can we get a little more in-depth? Empty_bar_bleue  (260/260)
    Level: 1

Post by Magnate Sue Wed May 01, 2013 12:32 am

thanks that clears a lot up

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:48 am