Gate of Kings

The Gate holds Untold Secrets for the Proven King...

Alone in the Forest

thng

Character sheet
    Health:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Level: 1

Alone in the Forest

Post by thng on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:50 pm

Tsuzen hacked through yet another few blades of tall grass with his katana, but more always seemed to be behind them. Following Gilgamesh had been nearly impossible, as he flew at an incredible speed.

"Damn it, I think I lost him."

Sheathing his katana, Tsuzen consulted his map to try to find where he was.

"I don't see myself anywhere on the map... oh, wait. Am I in the forest off in the corner?! It's going to take forever to get back to town!"

Angrily, Tsuzen threw his map onto the the ground. Seeing as that was a pointless move, however, he picked it back up and uncrumpled it. Storing the map in his pocket, he stopped, laid down, and thought about the fight that had led him to bee there. Thinking about it again made him feel even more annoyed.

"What's with him, falling out of the sky on me, and actually going and insulting my pride! I'll get him back one day."

Thinking about what he just said, he realized something: he was actually really weak in close quarters combat. Tsuzen, right then and there, swore to himself that he would get strong enough to fight Gilgamesh.

"I will get stronger! And I will win!"

With that self-encouraging statement in mind, Tsuzen took a first look at his actual surroundings. There was almost no sunlight streaming in through the canopy. Most of the light was supplied by the iridescent plant life on the ground. Seeing as it was really dark, he took a match and lit a stick on fire to create a makeshift torch, and tried to find a way out of the forest.
    thng

Character sheet
    Health:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Alone in the Forest

Post by thng on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:49 pm

"Gosh darn it, where am I now."

Tsuzen was not afraid to admit that he was directionally challenged. However, he had trekked for hours, and still had not left the confines of the forest. And strangely, he had seen next to no plant or animal life. Even seemingly without anyone around, the ground at his feet was almost always yellow or red, with no clear danger showing itself. However, he still remained on guard and kept going, with an increased sense of urgency, as the ground just kept turning into darker shades of yellow and red.
    thng

Character sheet
    Health:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by thng on Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:31 pm

"Ah. Clear of the forest at last."

Tsuzen heaved a sigh of relief as he cleared the forest. It had been really dark, and it was good to get some actual sunlight after a few hours. Now he could get to training. First, he needed to find a trainer. For that, he started heading to the Fringe Lands.
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:
    600/600  (600/600)
    Level: N/A

Post by Gilgamesh on Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:37 pm

There was a sudden rustling, followed by the sound of smaller trees snapping and breaking under what seemed to be a heavy moving weight. Due to the sudden clearance of trees, the florescent blue light given off by the plant life cast more light, revealing a monstrous bear, or at least what would pass for a bear in the Black Forest. The creature smelled an unfamiliar prey within its territory.

With a maw jagged and wider than its own head, solid muscle rippling beneath shaggy fur and claws made to rend steel as if it were merely swimming through water, this was one of the many dangerous creatures of the Black Forest. Its beady yellow years peered at its prey. It didn't see a man. It didn't care for the man's story. It saw a meal. A meal that it would consume. After taking that second to size up its prey, the bear roared as if lunged forward, already on the attack.

Black Forest Bear

40 Strength
    35 Intelligence
    50 Endurace
    45 Wisdowm
    38 Dexterity
    29 Agility

400 Health

Action 1: Lunge Attack (+20% Strength)
    Strength 48

Action 2: Roar (Startled. Can react but cannot attempt to avoid in any way.)
    thng

Character sheet
    Health:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by thng on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:00 pm

As the bear bored down on Tsuzen, he fired two bolts: One high explosive for the bear's eye, and one high explosive for where it would land. Tsuzen then dropped a smoke canister.
    Gilgamesh
    King

Character sheet
    Health:
    600/600  (600/600)
    Level: N/A

Post by Gilgamesh on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:45 pm

As the bear lunged towards its prey, the arrow collided and exploded. There wasn't a moment's chance to believe it had stopped the creature. He continued on through it as if nothing happened. As the man foolishly fired an arrow at his own feet, he was thrown into the air by the explosion. The angry hunter snatched its meal out of the air. Tearing, ripping, gnawing, there isn't even a chance for the man to cry out. His warm blood momentarily brought heat to the cold ground of the Black Forest. It is unknown if the man even fully had time to realize his folly. None would know for he will never be heard from again.

Black Forest Bear

40 Strength
    35 Intelligence
    50 Endurace
    45 Wisdowm
    38 Dexterity
    29 Agility

400 Health

Action 1: Swipe
    40 Strength

Action 2: Jugular (+70% Strength, only usable when target is beneath 50% Health)
    68 Strength

Total Damage Taken: 156

Black Forest Bear passive discovered!

Shred: All attacks ignore up to 40 Endurance. The amount ignored does not exceed 0 Endurance.

Admin: You have two actions per turn, not three. The bear was lunging directly at you, that means the second arrow you fired was at your own feet as that is where it would land. Your attacks are not strong enough to phase the bear, ensuring that his lunge indeed landed. Once the lunge connected, the bear's next two attacks also landed. You Are Dead...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:30 pm